Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltgirl_gw

Have you used Quality Bath.com?

quiltgirl
11 years ago

Saw the 36" Shaw sink on Quality Bath.com and am checking to see if any have ordered from this site. Is it reputable with good customer service?
The price is good and the shipping is free. Was all set to get the Kohler Whitehaven until I came across this! It is a little cheaper than the Whitehaven in color Sea Salt which I liked. Oh! . . . . . . all these decisions!

Comments (11)

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

I bought all my plumbing from here and really like the store. The customer service was excellent. Their email receipts leave a little to be desired but they were courteous on the phone and super helpful. Once when an order was going to be a couple of days late, the lady just called the manufacturer and arranged for them to ship the part to me directly and then called back 7:00pm on Friday pacific time to give the tracking information as I would not get that automatically. On Monday she emailed again saying "I see the XX was delivered. Let us know if it works out". I got my 30in shaw from them as well.

• jansin62
    11 years ago

I bought some faucets and soap dispensers from them. I had a really good experience - I was a bit nervous at first, but everything worked out. Excellent customer service, and very pleasant representatives. Similar situation to above as well, they were going to be late in delivering something which I couldn't wait for, so they had it sent directly from their distributor. I would definitely recommend them, and their prices were the best for the faucets I bought.

• quiltgirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This is so good to hear! I really like the Shaw sink but cost has been a factor. The price they quote is equal to the Kohler Whitehaven with the Sea Salt finish that I also liked.
    Gwlolo, I am glad to hear you got a sink there as well. I was nervous that perhaps the Shaw sinks could have been seconds. Will need to make a decision today on ordering it. My cabinet guy charges $200 more to scribe the cabinet for this sink. Wonder if there is another way to install without all that extra work?

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

You want to have the cabinet guy do it and also make sure he has the actual sink on hand. The sink is hand made and has variations. The cabinet guy can scribe it make a tight fit. Also the support needed is substantial and they need to build in the support and make the hole for the sink etc. To save you a trip, ask your cabinet maker if you can get it delivered directly to them and have them inspect before accepting delivery.

• kgolby
    11 years ago

Yes, used them for the first time recently to order my Hansgrohe faucet & soap dispenser. Received my items extremely fast. Would definitely recommend this site.

• quiltgirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am thinking about installing this sink without all that exact scribing. Has anyone installed the Shaw sink like on of the pictures below? It looks like it is sitting on a platform. I am also having the cabinet underneath skirted rather than doors.

[Traditional Kitchen design[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Boston Kitchen And Bath Dalia Kitchen Design

[Modern Kitchen design[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/modern-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2105) by Vancouver Architect PLACE, hl johnston architect ltd

[Traditional Kitchen design[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/traditional-kitchen-ideas-phbr1-bp~t_709~s_2107) by Philadelphia Design-build Fredendall Building Company

• quiltgirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gwlolo, what side of your shaw sink is the drain located?

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

quality bath is a class A operation. i bought EVERYTHING from them to outfit our new house. i worked with mimi, but everyone there is great. their pricing was very fair and service is top notch. even though we received our last delivery over a year ago, i had an issue with one of the toilet seats and they had a new replacement seat sent over the very next day.

• sayde
    11 years ago

I bought many things from Quality Bath -- best prices and great customer service.

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

Quilt girl - the drain is offset to the right side. The shaw logo is on the back and visible when you stand in front of the sink. I was hoping to install it the other way but the cabinet maker called and said that the sink was not level on that side and would not look good. I think it is now shimmed in the back or something.

I actually considered installing it as you show and decided not to as I got feedback that it is a dirt magnet and hard to clean. You could considered getting a drip ledge or a drip sill underneath to give you that look. I would suggest posting this as a separate question so that people can give you more clear feedback. I am doing a soapstone drip ledge.

• quiltgirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The customer service dept is telling me that the Shaws they have in stock have the drain on the left side of the sink. That would be backwards for my set up. Seems strange as I have never seen it with the drain on the left.

I was just trying to find another way to install it so that I could save a couple hundred dollars in cabinet labor costs. Might have to forget that idea. Am still unsure about fireclay. I need to post a separate thread to ask those who have had the Shaw for five or more years how it is holding up. Does it chip or scratch easily? I feel the cast iron Kohler is probably more durable. Am having a hard time making this decision on which sink to purchase. I love the Kohler Sea Salt finish, but the cost is more than what I can purchase the Shaw for. I think the Shaw has a more vintage look as well.