Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gwer2007

Price of the Magic Corner

eleena
11 years ago

Those who have it, how much did it cost?

ETA: alone as well as with the shelves and baskets, if you don't mind.

With Hafele, you have to call for each thing and it is too time-consuming. Plus, they tend to be closed when I need an answer, like right now, for example. LOL

Did you get MC I or II? Why?

Also, is Magic Corner better or LeMan?

TX!!!

This post was edited by eleena on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 1:37

Comments (9)

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

It was over $1000 each I believe.

• artemis78
    11 years ago

I believe ours was around $850-$900 two years ago; our cabinetmaker ordered it but did not mark it up so that was his cost and we just paid for the install. We got the Hafele version because it was the only one he had not been called back to fix after a couple of years.

We have the MC I because it was the only one that would fit (the only one of almost any of the corner solutions, actually!) I would much rather have had the MC II, though. I was (and continue to be) worried that the unit attached to the door will eventually start to pull the door out of sync. So far so good, but it just seems like an iffy thing. We figured if it came to it, we could always replace the door and do something else with the corner if it breaks, but the version not attached to the door seems much sturdier. We do like it a lot for storage.

I initially wanted the LeMans or a similar kidney bean pullout, but they need a lot of clearance. Only the 15" one would fit in our cabinet, which was a crazy waste of space--given that versus a dead corner, I'd have gone with the dead corner in a heartbeat. We had to have our corner access all on one side of an L so a lazy susan or other things of that ilk was not an option.

• eleena
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, everyone!

Davidahn,

Yes, I did read your other post before posting my question!

It amazingly helpful but you did not mention the pricing just space utilization.

No, this baby is definitely not worth the money to me as I am not pressed for storage space *that* much to shell-out &&& to save a 24" dead corner.

• Tim
    11 years ago

I have the LeMans corner and think it's great. Super solid and smooth. Dead simple - nothing to go wrong with it.

Unfortunately ours was bundled in with our cabinet pricing so I don't know what they cost - but they seem to be around $700 online.

• khinmn92
    11 years ago

I was all set to go with the MC until I learned how much they cost. I don't think it's really worth the nearly $1,000 price tag for what they are and I really felt like they are taking advantage of their customers by charging extra for the shelving, baskets etc.

• D Ahn
    11 years ago

Actually, I think once you add all 4 baskets, I priced them at about $1100ish online.

• jakuvall
    11 years ago

Worth looking at total costs with cabinets in which case-
    A super susan (1206 sq in) , a lemans II (920 sq in) , hafele Suzi-Q (1095 sq in) and the rev-s-shelf 5psp-15 corner baskets (775 sq in) will typically be within $100 of each other retail from a typical mfg. The magic corner (1080 sq in) can be as much as $500 more.
    I won't put in the rev-a-shelf that is like the magic corner so did not list that.
    Storage sizes don't take into account if you use drawers or possible increases using a blind.

I practice my favorites are the Lemans for blinds (easy field install) and the Suzi-Q when I can get it (not really field installable)

• attofarad
    11 years ago

I got my LeMans II from an ebay dealer -- $424 delivered, drop shipped from Hafele.

Search there for Arena Plus. His ad describes the LeMans1, but
    the improved II was what was delivered.