Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherriz_gw

White Cabs, Espresso Island, Bianco Antico - Lots of Pics!

sherriz
13 years ago

After months of blood, sweat and tears and hours of time spent on Gardenweb, I am happy to preview our kitchen. Many, many thanks to everyone here. If it wasn't for the advice of those here on this forum, the design of my kitchen would have been so different.

I love my kitchen. My 9' island, my banquette, my hood! Everything! Thank you GardenWeb!

Originally, I wanted a dark wood kitchen but then decided the kitchen would be too dark with the dark wood floors so we went white and I am so happy we did. As for the countertop, I was lusting for a calacatta gold marble but DH was adamantly against it as he didn't want the maintenance. When we walked by the Bianco Antico granite in the slabyard, we had a visceral reaction to it and fell in love.

(I've reposted this as I don't know how to combine pictures in a post)

Here are some details:

- Dunn Edwards Swiss Coffee on paint grade wood cabinets

- Espresso stained island - rift white oak wood

- Wolf 48" Sealed Gas Rangetop with grill

- Wolf Double Oven

- Modernaire hood (this was an incredible deal as it was 55 3/4" wide and I got it less than dealer cost!)

- GE Monogram 48" fridge

- Jennair warming drawer (hidden behind a drawer front on island)

- Bosch Evolution 800 Dishwashers

- Never MT soap pump extender

- Kohler Polished Nickel Soap Pump

- Kohler Vinnata Polished Nickel faucet on Master sink

- Rohl Perrin & Rowe Polished Nickel faucet on island

- Kohler sinks

- Floors are 2" oak stained dark brown without any red in it.

- Baldwin knobs and pulls in Oil Rubbed Bronze

- Dahl 2" x 4" white #100 subway tile

- There are two toekick drawers for platters

- Cookbook shelf is at the end of the island near the rangetop

- Microwave (Sharp) is in the upper right cabinet to the left of the fridge

- Island Pendants are Aspen Iron Ceiling Lights from Circalighting.com

- Shade above banquette from onekingslane.com

The banquette was custom made by a local restaurant banquette manufacturer here in Los Angeles. www.customqualitybooths.com.

From Cavendish house

From Cavendish house
From cavendish
From Cavendish house
From Cavendish house
From Cavendish house
From Cavendish house
From Cavendish house
From Cavendish house
From Cavendish house

Comments (24)

• marcydc
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Nice! Love your granite and the really cool hood!

• susanlynn2012
    13 years ago

Love your kitchen, especially that gorgeous granite! Thanks for sharing.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Thanks for answering my questions on your other thread. And thanks for more pics! I've been looking forward to seeing them. Can I ask another question? How wide are your windows flanking the rangetop? I'm guessing 3'.

Also, I'm having trouble seeing exactly what your color your banquette is. I read your description of how you decided, but my little iPad isn't showing the color well.

Again, congrats on a spectacular space. Love the tile to the ceiling. I'm considering doing that behind my hood too so it's good to see another example to show DH.

• carrie_eileen
    13 years ago

WOW! This is such a beautiful, amazing space. Love the organization of the pans. And that hood is truly spectacular! Do you just stare at it???

• babs711
    13 years ago

It's just beautiful!!!

• lawjedi
    13 years ago

beautiful :-) I'm sure you're one happy chickadee.

• beekeeperswife
    13 years ago

This is really gorgeous. I love all of your choices. I know you have plans for the banquette, and I'm sure it is going to have a fantastic table to eat meals at, but you know what I see? I see meals being eaten in that gorgeous dining area, and having a short table at the banquet, you know a place where you might lounge, sip coffee, have some wine, hang out.

I love that I love every one of your light fixtures. They are really fab.

I know I commented on your first post, but thanks so much for posting this again with lots of details. I'll be over later.

• sherriz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thanks for all the comments! Am loving the kitchen and the organization. Did I mention the two toe-kick drawers for platters -- one under the island and the other under a bank of drawers.

One other thing I did was put soffits above the cabinets. My architect did not design them in but am so glad I put them in as they finish off the room.

This is the barstool I am considering -

Breezygirl - my windows are 3' wide. I would have liked them wider but there is structural sheering wall holding up the roof so it was not a choice.

The banquette fabric is a sort of grey/blue with brown dots on them. Nailheads trim the base. Not a great description and I'm not sure if the photo below helps. {{gwi:1642086}}From Cavendish house

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

The fabric photo and description does help. My windows flanking the range will only be 2' so your 3' sound like a dream to me! They also look proportional with the rest of your elements.

Does the crown molding of the window to the right actually rest on the window molding? It's hard to tell from the pics.

• rhome410
    13 years ago

Wonderful! A great and stunning example of windows flanking the rangetop and hood. I love the simplicity of the white subways, and the banquette looks so comfy. The island color and wood is particularly gorgeous with the Bianco Antico.

• sherriz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Breezygirl -

You noticed the one glitch in the kitchen design! The kitchen was not originally designed with soffits. When we added the soffits, there was no extra space for where the window casements met up with the soffit crown molding.

I'm still glad we added the soffits as I'm not a fan of cabinets with dust-collecting tops when the ceiling is so high.

• rockybird
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Really well done! I love it.

• breezygirl
    13 years ago

Sorry to point out your one flaw! That seems very minor considering that there are so many stunning elements in your kitchen. I only noticed because I've stared at your photos so many times. I'd take that "flaw" if it meant I could have your kitchen at my house! ;)

• rockybird
    13 years ago

I was browsing houzz.com and I ran across your stools in one of the kitchens. You may have already seen the pic, but if not below is the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: [stools in kitchen[(https://www.houzz.com/photos/modern-classical-grey-white-kitchen-modern-kitchen-salt-lake-city-phvw-vp~84090)

• sherriz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Rockybird! I had not seen this. What do you think of them for my kitchen in the mahogony color?

• artmeetsscience
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful and classic. But ever so stylish and hip. Enjoy!

• rockybird
    13 years ago

Absolutely! I think they will look great in your kitchen. I really like how they look in the photo. I would match them to your island cabs, if you can (I am color challenged - they looks mahogany to me). I think your kitchen is fantastic.

• ravmd
    13 years ago

Stunning Kitchen!!!
    Can you give details on your island dimensions and cabinet composition?
    Is it 24" cabinets behind the seating area with ? overhang?
    And then 24" cabinets back to back down by the stove end?

Really beautiful!

• sherriz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so very much!

My island is 3'8" x 9'2" with the granite overhang. Attached are the elevations for the kitchen (plus the rest of our house).

The white cabinets were paint grade maple painted Dunn Edwards Swiss Coffee. The island was rifted white oak, stained Espresso. All cabinets were flush frame, shaker style.

Does that help?

• barbara1taylor
    13 years ago

I dream of that kind of home since I was a little girl :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Cleaners Sydney

• lv_r_golden
    13 years ago

Beautiful kitchen.......very nicely done. Great choices throughout.

I love the barstools - could you tell us about them? Who is the manufacturer?

• sherriz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

lv_r_golden - I saw the barstools yesterday in person and they are gorgeous. I'm going to get the black with the tan burlap seats (but no "gold" trim)

They come in counter height as well as bar height. I think you need a designer to get them for you but they are available at http://noirfurniturela.com/

• three_acres
    13 years ago

Wow what a beautiful kitchen! I love the granite, the hood, and the windows flanking the stovetop. Can you explain how you got such a great deal on the hood?

I'm so glad I stumbled across this post because I'm looking to use the exact same Aspen light from Circa Lighting for our master bedroom! We're going for a craftsman feel and the iron finish would work well with the iron handles on our dresser. My only concern is that there is no diffuser on the bottom which might might be too bright when we're laying in bed. The light isn't over the bed but centered off the end of the of the bed a few feet away. What is the wattage of the lights you have in there for those pictures? Do you think that fixture would work well in a bedroom?

• sherriz
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Three_Acres - sorry to be so late in responding. I think the Aspen lights will look great in your bedroom. We have four 20w bulbs (warm light) and I could actually go brighter and maybe the next time, I might go with a white light. For the kitchen, it could be a bit brighter but for the bedroom, I would definitely stick with the warm, yellow light that is emitted.

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm