Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
no deck plate for faucet - any issues?

Posted by Alycemina (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 0:54

Since I want an undermount sink, I plan on having the single hole faucet installed directly into the quart countertops. I have never had this configuration - always a drop in sink and deck plate for the faucet tht is on the sink rim area. Any issues with having the faucet with no deck plate? Eg water running over the counter behind the sink? Cleaning issues? thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: no deck plate for faucet - any issues?

No issues at all. I love not having to clean the deck plate or clean around it. It's such a nice, clean look. Will you have a tile backsplash behind the sink? The seam where the countertop meets the tile will be sealed and water should not get behind the cabs. The deck plate doesn't really keep water from running anywhere, really. If you are just painting the backsplash and not tiling, then the seam should still be sealed. (Just make sure you tell your stone fabricator when they template what kind of backsplash treatment you want because they'll need to put the stone more tightly against the wall if you plan to just paint.)

o

No issues. It's great, you'll love it.

o

agree with others, no issues.

o

It's such a clean look.

o

I'm not really sure what the purpose of a deck plate is. I believe it was recommended for my faucet, but I ignored that and I agree the look is CLEAN.

o

The main use for a deck plate is to cover holes in the (overmount) sink that aren't being used. It serves no other function for most faucets. I can't imagine yearning for one when it's not absolutely necessary.

o

Thank you for inputs..they are very helpful in making my decision - writersblock, your cabinets and counters are lovely.

o

>writersblock, your cabinets and counters are lovely.

I wish. No, mine are horrible fake formica pseudo butcher block right now. I think you meant drbeanie2000? Those are lovely.

o

I have hard water and right now my faucet is mounted on an old ivory enameled cast iron drop in sink. I find myself having to scrub hard water deposits off of the sink from time to time, though I find the same issue on my marble bathroom countertop and bathroom pedestal sink as well. It's not a problem, just different.

o

Like writersblock stated, I believe the deck plate would be used when switching from a 2-handle hot/cold type faucet to the single, one-hole faucet. The deck plate would cover up the extra holes no longer being used. Otherwise, I can't imagine a purpose for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here