Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alycemina

no deck plate for faucet - any issues?

Alycemina
11 years ago

Since I want an undermount sink, I plan on having the single hole faucet installed directly into the quart countertops. I have never had this configuration - always a drop in sink and deck plate for the faucet tht is on the sink rim area. Any issues with having the faucet with no deck plate? Eg water running over the counter behind the sink? Cleaning issues? thanks for your help.

Comments (15)

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

No issues at all. I love not having to clean the deck plate or clean around it. It's such a nice, clean look. Will you have a tile backsplash behind the sink? The seam where the countertop meets the tile will be sealed and water should not get behind the cabs. The deck plate doesn't really keep water from running anywhere, really. If you are just painting the backsplash and not tiling, then the seam should still be sealed. (Just make sure you tell your stone fabricator when they template what kind of backsplash treatment you want because they'll need to put the stone more tightly against the wall if you plan to just paint.)

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

No issues. It's great, you'll love it.

• sprtphntc7a
    11 years ago

agree with others, no issues.

• kippee
    11 years ago

It's such a clean look.

• drbeanie2000
    11 years ago

I'm not really sure what the purpose of a deck plate is. I believe it was recommended for my faucet, but I ignored that and I agree the look is CLEAN.

• Alycemina
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for inputs..they are very helpful in making my decision - writersblock, your cabinets and counters are lovely.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

>writersblock, your cabinets and counters are lovely.

I wish. No, mine are horrible fake formica pseudo butcher block right now. I think you meant drbeanie2000? Those are lovely.

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

I have hard water and right now my faucet is mounted on an old ivory enameled cast iron drop in sink. I find myself having to scrub hard water deposits off of the sink from time to time, though I find the same issue on my marble bathroom countertop and bathroom pedestal sink as well. It's not a problem, just different.

• camphappy
    11 years ago

Like writersblock stated, I believe the deck plate would be used when switching from a 2-handle hot/cold type faucet to the single, one-hole faucet. The deck plate would cover up the extra holes no longer being used. Otherwise, I can't imagine a purpose for it.

• Mitzi Zimmer
    last year

We recently installed a new faucet without the deck plate. Trouble is the faucet keeps coming loose. Will the deck plate prevent the whole faucet from turning?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    last year

The escutcheon (deck plate) has nothing to do with tightening the faucet. Are you using the wrench that came with the faucet please?

• HU-233399832
    6 months ago

@Joseph Corlett, can you install a fuacet which comes with a deckplate without it? Looks like the others have a slim collar where it meets the counter top.

• HU-233399832
    6 months ago

Can you leave out the deckplate to install? Looks like those without deckplates have a slim collar where the faucet meets the countertop.

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    6 months ago

Most faucets come with a large deck plate to cover the holes in a top mount sink deck, and a smaller round mounting plate. You have to use one or the other. Usually there is an O ring at the bottom to seal to the counter.