Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janesylvia

Delta faucet choice: Ashton, Allora or Pilar?

janesylvia
12 years ago

I saw many negative reviews on Delta Lewiston pullout faucet in Lowes website. So I decided on a pull down faucet. I saw Delta Ashton at Lowes and it looks pretty good. What is the difference between Delta Ashton and Delta Allora?

I was also interested in Delta Pilar with Touch2O. The touch feature is appealing, but there were mixed reviews on amazon.

Thank you very much.

Comments (17)

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    12 years ago

I said this in another recent message:

I have a Delta Ashton, about a year old, and while it is adequate, I would not choose it again. I find the switch between the spray and stream function has to be pressed *very hard* to avoid drips, and I find it pretty annoying. I have a very deep sink and I also find it splashes quite a bit, I think because it isn't well aerated. I love the magnetic dock, and the action of spray head removal is nice and smooth. It is still 1,000 times better than my old faucet and sink tho!

I would still choose a pulldown any day, just not this one, maybe not even a Delta. I liked my old Moen faucet.

• coco4444
    12 years ago

Liked the look of them all, but would also consider the Savile... got at Lowes and have used for 6 months; very happy:

• jw34
    12 years ago

I'm very happy with my Pilar -- love the touch feature and clean and simple looks.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

We have the Delta Allora & the Delta Addison. Allora is in the laundry room & the Addison is in the kitchen. While the Addison is nice, the Allora is a much better made faucet IMO. It seems to have more metal components vs. plastic and has a more quality "feel" to it if you know what I mean. The soap dispenser that came with mine, however, was cheap plastic that was difficult to fill so I replaced it with an all metal one from Luxart--the link is below. We did the stainless finish on the faucet & the brushed nickel on the soap dispenser & they match perfectly. I'll snap a pic later & get it posted for you. Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Luxart Soap Dispenser

• sas95
    12 years ago

We have the Allora. It works well and feels substantial.

• myredhouse
    12 years ago

I'm the one mabeldingeldine responded to before about the Ashton. I ended up ordering the Delta Trinsic on Sunday (it suits my style a bit better I think), but I did really consider the Pilar. I noted that most of the complaints about the Pilar were with regard to the touch sensor, but if you like the style you can go with the Pilar without the sensor and avoid the trouble (and save some money).

Let us know what you pick and how it works! Finding details on faucet performance was not as easy as I'd hoped.

• rbpdx
    12 years ago

comparison table in faucet direct

I pick Addison.. it's being installed tomorrow!!

• janesylvia
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you very much for all responses above.

mabeldingeldine, I don't know if the switch problem happens only to your specific Ashton faucet or all Ashton faucets are like this.

jw34, your pilar faucet looks beautiful. Yes, it's the best if the sensor works. I saw some reviews on amazon and lowes complained that the sensor did not work properly.

Mydreamhome and sas95, thank you for your information about allora, it does stand out compared to others. I kind of don't like the appearance of the matching soap dispenser.

pdxkit, is Addison similar to Ashton? Is it also available at local lowes? I cannot see your comparison table.

Co-co, thank you for your picture. You faucet looks nice.

• jw34
    12 years ago

FWIW I am under the impression that the Pilar touch sensor will behave oddly if the faucet is not properly insulated from a stainless sink -- not sure if that's why some folks seem to have trouble with it or not, but mine has worked perfectly for the past 8 months.

Of course you could also just take the batteries out and use it like a regular faucet!

Good luck!

• janesylvia
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jw34, thank you very much for your detailed information. I saw you have the two-hole model. Would the one-hole pilar model be as good?

• janesylvia
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mydreamhome, I am looking forward to seeing some pictures you'll post. For allora, I might have to order online, because I did not see it at Lowes. My kitchen countertop together with sink and faucet were scheduled to be replaced next Tues.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Hope these help! Here are the photos of the Allora in Stainless finish in my laundry room with the Luxart soap dispenser in brushed nickel...

• fivefootzero
    12 years ago

We have the Delta Leland and have loved it since it was installed. The magnetic dock, the strong spray, the switch between spray and stream...love everything about it.

not a great pic but you get the idea.

• janesylvia
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you very much, fivefootzero. Your Delta Leland does look really good. I saw Leland at Home Depot, and Savile at Lowes. I checked Delta's website, and these two models have very similar specifications. Does anyone know if these two models are actually the same but with different names at different stores? Thanks.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

My Allora is the kitchen model. The Savile & the Leland are not the same faucet--the Savile is pictured in Co-Co's photo above--it looks similar to the Allora but with a bell shaped nozzle. The Leland is more curvy.

• ellabee_2016
    12 years ago

I'm another very happy user for the last year of the Delta Touch faucet (Pilar); have had zero problems (it's installed with a Silgranit sink).

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations