Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pipdog_gw

Looking for an integrated fridge 30x80 or less

Pipdog
10 years ago

I'm looking for an integrated fridge that is at least 30 inches wide and 80 inches (or less) tall. Most of the 30 inch wide models we've looked at (SubZero, Miele) are 84 or more inches tall. We looked at the SubZero 27 inch model but it's been discontinued and I've found the Liebherr HC1540X which is 30x84 but I'm not familiar with that brand. Are there others out there that I'm not seeing or should be considering?

Some background: We've got a modest sized kitchen in a MCM home. The kitchen has sloped ceilings and light trays that are 80 inches tall on all sides of the kitchen. We can't modify or move the light trays as they are part of the architecture of the home and run throughout all the rooms, so the max space we have is 80 inches for the fridge. Here's a photo of the space for some context:

Comments (12)

• Circus Peanut
    10 years ago

hi Pip,

We've had the 30x80 Liebherr since 2008 and still love it very much. Best produce fridge I've ever had - no more liquid lettuce. Also very silent, and the doors and handles are lovely even if you don't decide to spring for the fully integrated panels. Recommend!

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

Second Liebherr plus also go on the AJ Madison site. They have a great filter system,

• homepro01
    10 years ago

Third for Liebherr. Liebherr makes the Miele fridges sold in Canada (the Euro style fridges) and Europe. The American style Miele is made for the US and Canadian market mainly. I have a 30" fridge freezer and a 24" all fridge. I have been wanting the 24" all freezer. The freezer is better than my Gaggenau all freezer. I really love my Liebherrs. The 24" fridge is the biofresh model and I use that mainly for produce. The other fridge also keeps produce for a long time.
    Best of luck.

• Pipdog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the info on Liebherr circuspeanut, remodelfla and homepro! I will check out that brand. I did a search on GW and some people seem to love Liebherr, but there are also some threads with complaints about the terrible customer service and repeated problems with ice makers, handles falling off, etc. Have you all ever experienced any issues with your Liebherrs?

Anyone else know of other brands with these dimensions?

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Pip- we looked at integrated models from thermador and ge monogram too. I also think that Bosch makes a integrated panel ready 30*80 model. We ended up going with a liebherr, no ice maker. Like you we had concerns over the liebherr, but ultimately decided to do 2 liebherr all refrigerator units (24"w) and a freezer in a ventilated pantry. I love the fridge columns, but couldn't speak to the model you want.

• bicyclegirl1
    10 years ago

I can't speak for any of the refrigerators you're asking about, but have heard nothing but great things about both, Liebherr & Sub Zero. If you're talking about the 27" SZ with the 2 drawers on the bottom being discontinued, there are quite a few on ebay that are floor models & a few that are brand new in boxes. Probably wrong door hinge order. One of the appliance stores here was going to sell me their floor model just the other day for $4000. Unfortunately, it didn't open on the correct side I need. Just as well tho, I don't need to spend that much on a fridge right now! But, ck out ebay & also call around to stores & ask if they have any floor models they want to sell. Also saw quite a few Liebherrs on ebay, as well.

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Essentially, the kitchen and living room in my old apartment hinged around the 700 series (27") Subzero. Boy am I glad I sold that apartment. They had better make parts for the next 20 years.

Don't have a Liebherr yet, but that's what I am planning on in this house.

• cookncarpenter
    10 years ago

We have the Liebherr HCB1561 30"x80".... almost a year now, and love it!
    Fresh produce, and great little ice cubes!
    Integrates beautifully with the surrounding cabinetry, and being a couple grand less than the SZ, was just a bonus :)

This post was edited by ctycdm on Mon, Feb 3, 14 at 17:56

• sankaty_91
    10 years ago

I also have a Liebherr Fridge. It is a different size but wanted to address your concern about customer service. I had wonderful customer service experience. Whenever I had any issues, I would call their customer service dept and they could help me fix the problem or arrange for service. They even sent me a brand new fridge (2 years later) when the service dept couldn't repair. I have a french door model and had condensation leaking down the middle.

• homepro01
    10 years ago

Had a minor issue with the drain in the back of the fridge. Contacted customer service and they were responsive and very helpful. I think customer service is on Mountain time so I was able to reach them after work on the East Coast. The problem was resolved in about 5minutes. Discovered a blueberry had rolled into the drain. Poured bleach down the hole and it was resolved.

I actually love the ice maker. It's makes small ice cubes which I actually prefer because most of my glasses are tall and thin. The only issue I have had with the ice maker is that when you aggresively scoop ice out of the drawer, ice can come out of the side and prevent the drawer from being pushed back completely. This prevents the contact switch from activating for more ice to be made. Just watch out for this and it should not be a problem. One other thing I wanted to note is that I have always hooked my ice maker up to an Everpure filter. I have not had any issue with scale build up or any of the general ice maker complaints.

One of the comments I see on the board all the time is how flimsy the Liebherr plastic drawers look like. This is one area where I think people judge a book by its cover. They are lighter and sleeker than conventional drawers but they are very sturdy. I have dropped them many items when cleaning them without damage.

Good luck!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

While not quite 80", the Jenn-Air FD is 36"W and 83"tall...perhaps you can eek out a few more inches in height?
    http://jennair.com/appliances/details/JB36NXFXRW

• Pipdog
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the input! We ended up buying the Subzero 736TCI.