Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aliris19

Ultracraft anyone?

aliris19
13 years ago

Anyone have any first-hand experience with Ultracraft cabinets please? Thanks!

Comments (21)

• redheaddeluxe
    13 years ago

Farmersdaughter -- Was the guy you dealt with Gary C. by any chance? I'm in SF, and am strongly considering going with Ultracraft through him.

• aliris19
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, farmersdaughter! Would you happen to have any pictures? Not that it's very easy to assess quality from pictures...

• kitchendreaming
    13 years ago

Ultracraft is one of the brands we are considering because they are frameless and have a 100 years warranty. However we have no idea of the cost yet. Are you able to give me an estimate of cost per cabinet or linear feet? The KD appointment is in one week and they do not want to give me a cost estimate before the appointment. We do not know whether this will be way above our budget or not. Thanks!

• S C
    13 years ago

@readheaddeluxe - yes Gary from KitchenSync is the guy. He is terrific.

@aliris - did you check their website? I note that they've redone it and have a lot of good photos on there. I'll take a couple photos in the morning and put them up but I am not a very good photographer.

@kitchendreaming - sorry I can't give you a cost per cabinet or linear foot. And the costs vary significantly depending on which door style you choose, and how tall your ceilings are. I can tell you it was around $25,000 for a 350 square foot kitchen, which included double uppers, lowers, island and breakfast banquette. There are a lot of cheaper lines out there including within Ultracraft, but none that I think offer as a good a price to quality ratio.

• txcook
    13 years ago

We installed Ultracraft cherry almost 7 years ago here in Houston. We had 3 teenage/young adult sons at home + all their friends. Cabinets still look great and I love them.

• redheaddeluxe
    13 years ago

Thanks, Farmersdaughter. One step closer to going with Ultracraft and Gary!

• hanna7636
    13 years ago

In my old house I had the vision line of Ultracraft and was not happy. The color (or how ever they get stain on) was chipping off the door. I did look at the destiny line at my cabinet store and they were more money than Kraftmaid and are not made of plywood.

• kitchendreaming
    13 years ago

thanks farmersdaughter!

• angela12345
    13 years ago

Thanks for the review, farmersdaughter !! Ultracraft is the line that my builder uses and recommends, so it helps to get some feedback on them. It doesn't seem like many people use them, as the threads I have found don't have much response on them. Several people say that they considered them but did not end up using them. I would be interested to hear the reasons others decided against Ultracraft. Thanks !

• dreamojean
    10 years ago

I'm also interested in seeing pictures of the cabinets in a real-life kitchen, farmersdaughter if you are still game to post pictures I'm interested! Especially since I'm considering Breckenridge / Beach White so was surprised to see that your pictures might be really helpful to us!

• angela12345
    10 years ago

dreamojean, we did end up using Ultracraft and I am super happy with them. Although, our cabinets are cherry with the chestnut stain, so not the white that you are looking at. I have a very long post about my cabinets, and cabinets in general in this thread ... http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0206313721622.html

I have also talked about them in a lot of other threads ... http://www.google.com/search?q=ultracraft+angela12345+site:gardenweb.com+-%22clippings+by%22

• marthastoo
    10 years ago

I recently got a quote on Ultracraft and decided against them mainly because we decided to go with beaded inset. We did fall in love with a stain that we are trying to match with our custom cabinet maker (storm gray on rustic alder - it's a gorgeous grayish green). I don't know how that is going to turn out since I can't find a picture of cabinets with that stain anywhere on the web and I can't buy a sample from the company. :\ We also fell in love with a double arc mullion door that is crazy expensive (like $3840 for 2 mullioned door 24" cabinets) The Ultracraft floor sample at the cabinet place is a total showstopper.

• loz7988
    5 years ago

Curious, angela12345 and redheaddluxe, all these years later are your Ultracraft cabinets holding up well? Just met with Gary :) and was doing some research on Ultracraft and came across this thread. Would love to hear if you still are happy with these cabinets, as seem much less expensive than some of the other options we have. Thanks!!!

• txcook
    5 years ago

We loved our Ultracraft kitchen for 14 years before Harvey and the dam releases, which resulted in 3 feet of water for a week, and we had to tear down the house. Miss that kitchen every day.

• HU-555319821
    4 years ago

I am installing a 14’ by 22’ kitchen with ultracraft. they are semi custom bc 15” wide top and very tall upper cabinets to ceiling - custom huge island - I found someone in NJ who is a wholesaler, came to my home and did renderings and plans that were architecture worthy. In the end I spend $25,000 for everything - a huge pantry, huge island, tons of stuff. Where I live in Westchester county NY people

oat upwards of $40,000- $60,000 for same product .. I cut out a middleman and it was all just delivered. They are wood. I picked a beautiful pebble

color pale grey, almost silverlike and a different island. After it is installed next week I will lot a photo. soft close, wood. Frameless , modern feel bit shaker door, clean Lines. I am ecstatic. My niece also used NJ cabinets - John and ultra craft and her kitchen is even bigger than mine with 2 custom islands- photos even ended up in a magazine. In the end wasn’t significantly more than ikea for all I got ...

• txcook
    4 years ago

How did you find a wholesaler? Huge savings...

• Anna Pirone
    3 years ago

HU-555319821 I am looking to install UltraCraft in my Westchester apartment. Can you provide the information for the wholesaler you used? Thanks!

• nbar
    3 years ago

I used Ultracraft in a natural bamboo slab door for my mudroom cabinets. Love them! Thinking about getting a bathroom vanity next.

• Lisa Miranda
    3 years ago

@HU-555319821 - where is NJ cabinets - I live in NJ and have been looking at Ultracraft as well - any info is appreciated!

• biondanonima (Zone 7a Hudson Valley)
    3 years ago

Www.njcabinet.com in Park Ridge is probably the place - will check them out when it's time for my remodel!