Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone installed their range hood higher than recommended?

Posted by deedles (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 13 at 0:20

Has anyone done this and if so, how did it work and did you wish you hadn't or is it okay? Did you get a bigger blower to compensate? Or a wider hood. How much higher did you go?

Trying to not block the view. =/

X post to appliances, too.

Thanks very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone installed their range hood higher than recommended?

your spec sheet for the blower/hood will give you the minimums and maximums...however I have installed ones higher than suggested because the client wanted it that way. Actually my own hood is higher for looks purposes but we rarely turn it on.

Travis Alfrey
Pinehurst, NC

o

Yes and no -- I picked out one that had a higher installation range, but I think we may have pushed it a bit. At the same time, it is a Best by Broan and they gave information on how to account for higher installations. Some contemporary styles I've seen install them very high. It can be done, but it will require more cfm's (which might require makeup air), and a larger capture area would be good too.

I think you can access the Best by Broan catalog online and if they still have that information, it would be in the back pages. Hope that helps.

o

We put ours up higher and it is fine. My DH is on the taller side.

o

You're not that tall!

How about one of these? You can paint the stainless part.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here