Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Richelieu Undermount Sink Clip

Posted by apuckish1 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 0:12

Has anyone tried these clips? They seem like the perfect solution (even if I have to epoxy them myself). My kitchen sink was installed by the granite guys about 7 years ago and dropped into the cabinet last night. I am leary of an irreversible installation (I know nothing is irreversible, but epoxy is an opponent I don't want to throw down with), and this looks like the ticket, but I worry about what appears to be a perfect solution that isn't widely sold.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Richelieu Undermount Sink Clip

While those brackets may be a good solution, I can only speak to how our sink is mounted.
Our installers siliconed the sink to the underside of the granite and then attached shelving brackets to the inside of the sinkbase cabinet to support the sink.
Here are a few pics.

Right side

Left side

Sink from above

o

Or you could use the Sink Setter.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sink Setter

o

If you keep plugging away long enough...I finally found what I was looking for in this posting from the Glue Warehouse. These folks seem to have it all together (including next day shipping via warehouses that are a day away from 99% of any location in the country according to them). I really like smart and they seem smart. Slight downside is I need to buy 10 kits, but the total is only $15. They also have the construction grade 100% silicone adhesive that is the first hassle in proceeding with this project (no, neither of the big boxes has it that I could find).

Anyone need an undermount hardware kit? I'll try to post the successful conclusion to this. Thanks for the input.

I also had help from AskTheBuilder (http://www.askthebuilder.com/undermount-kitchen-sinks/) that did the best job of laying out the requirements and making me feel that this is an eminently doable task. Just wish I could get my wife to be happy with the delay in figuring it out and implementing!

Here is a link that might be useful: Glue Warehouse blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here