Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wi_sailorgirl

Attn: Oldryer

wi-sailorgirl
11 years ago

I so appreciate you sharing your knowledge of countertop fabrication on this forum and it's always nice to hear a professional opinion.

I was wondering how much material is lost during fabrication, specifically on quartz (if there is a difference in materials). We're able to get all of our counters out of one slab of quartz but the initial quote (given via email so I've not had a chance to discuss this with them yet) from the fabricator said there would be two seams. I mocked up a layout that would have just one seam that I'll be talking to them about, but since we really are using every bit of this slab, there isn't a lot of room to spare. For instance, in order to make my layout work, I need an L-shaped piece in which the short end is 54.5 inches on the 56-inch side of slab. Is that even possible (assuming the slab actually IS 56 inches wide, which I understand is not always the case)?

And can they cut two pieces sharing a cut?

I will, of course, discuss this with the fabricator but I like to be armed with information before these discussions. Thank you in advance.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler