Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black and Cream Cabinets...???

Posted by mrs.connors (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 13, 10 at 0:02

I was thinking of painting my cabinets a aantique black on the bottom and and a antique cream on the top w/granite countertops that bring out both colors. I never seen this in person and was wondering what your thoughts were or if I should paint them all one color? Everyone I ask says one color but I thought i would hear everyones thought and if you did this please post a pic!! The flooring will be a wood laminate in hickor, its kinda rustic. Thanks soo much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black and Cream Cabinets...???

Sounds great to me. I am going to have onyx stained lowers and bright white painted uppers. I think it lifts the room. Google Image "black and white kitchens" or "white upper cabinets." I think it is a great look and that you will enjoy it!

o

I'm no boxerpups but here's a pic I found googling. This one is from decorpad:

Here's a link to a site with tons of great kitchen pics

Here is a link that might be useful: great kitchen pics

o

I love that combination. I'm doing antiqued cream cabinets, but my accent pieces - bar stools & a jelly cabinet I found for the corner, are in antique black. My floor sounds similar to yours as well. Can't wait to see your finished pics.

o

We did that combo and love it. Our base cabs are stained black and it seems to hold up a bit better than the painted upper finish.

west wall

o

There ya' go... perfect! I think it'll look great!

o

Did someone say my name????

Back from a basketball game they lost 100 or higher to 7.
Truly sad but they tried.

Good Housekeeping Blue Star Range

Project Stone AU

K4On

amateur genius blog

P2Ebenister kitchens

Drury Kitchens Traditional 57

Attic Magic

Chameleon Interiors

Gray Area Dance Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here