Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dutty_gw

Soapstone Joy w/ Flush Cooktop -via Florida Joshua

dutty
10 years ago

I just had to share the amazing job "Florida Joshua" did with my soapstone counters. They are just divine. You can tell how much he loves what he does and he has passion for the material unlike some of the other trades that have been in my house! I feel blessed that he lives so close to me that I was able to accomplish this all. We even put it in our laundry room we love it so much!

If you happen to read this - THANKS AGAIN, JOSHUA! :)

Prep Sink:

Kitchen Sink area with Blanco Silgranit II:

Laundry Sink:

Joshua oiling everything up:

Flush set induction cooktop (I wouldn't have trusted anyone but Joshua to do this!):

Ignore what seem to be "crunchy" edges- he didn't oil the edges because he knew painters and cabinet guys may still need to tape off:

Comments (17)

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

I have no idea who Florida Joshua is, but that looks like beautiful work and your kitchen looks great.

• leela4
    10 years ago

Your soapstone looks beautiful. I sure wish we had Florida Joshua out here in the PNW once in a while.

• cat_mom
    10 years ago

Oh, that is going to be one awesome kitchen when finished! Those expanses of soapstone alone.....!

• firstmmo
    10 years ago

The legend of Florida Josh lives on!!!
    It looks amazing and I can't wait for the final reveal. This is going to be a kitchen I bookmark and hold in my files for a long time....divine :)

• smiling
    10 years ago

Simply spectacular! So glad to hear that he continues to do the perfectionist work for which he is justly famous. Congratulations.

What are your plans for that interesting stack of six shallow depth drawers in that wall cabinet? I'm intrigued. Thanks.

• muskokascp
    10 years ago

I don't have to tell you how lucky you are to have Florida Joshua in your area. Your kitchen looks stunning!! Can't wait to see more as it all comes together.

• romy718
    10 years ago

Beautiful soapstone & your kitchen looks like it's going to be awesome.

• Mags438
    10 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!

• mom2sulu
    10 years ago

Please continue posting progress of your kitchen. I love it!

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

How does one contact this Florida Joshua and what soapstone variety exactly is that?!?! Just stunning!

• dutty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, all, so very much for chiming in. I'm just really excited about the soapstone because it was all originally spec'd as white marble and then I fell in love with black soapstone... go figure! The soapstone is Barroca. I liked it because it is really black without green undertones.

Florida Joshua is his user name here on Gardenweb but his company name is Creative Soapstone in Punta Gorda, FL. I'll attach the link.

And, for everyone with questions about the kitchen/cabinets... stay tuned. I have a separate thread for that in the works. I meant to post it ages ago but this building stuff has me busy busy busy. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Creative Soapstone

• chicagoans
    10 years ago

Wow that stone is a knockout! Just gorgeous!

I saw your exterior on the building forum and your house is absolutely fantastic. I love the board and batten and the red with the white.

So happy for you that everything is turning out so beautifully.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    10 years ago

Very nice. He's less than an hour from me.

• sis2two
    10 years ago

He is the best for sure. He refinished ours when he made a trip up north and was passing through Virginia. He is such a nice person as well!

• mom2sulu
    10 years ago

Would you mind sharing the dimensions of your island? It is awesome!

• dutty
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yeah - he is a very nice person! And you have to appreciate a true craftsman... they seem very few and far between down here in Florida but he definitely is one.

mom2sulu - The island is roughly 5 x 10. :)

• mom2sulu
    10 years ago

Thank you for the dimension! I just read about your Ikea cabinets....I am amazed! Your kitchen is going to be one fantastic place to cook!

Please continue with the posts. We can't wait to see the end results.