Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vlovil

Final Kitchen Reveal

vlovil
11 years ago

My kitchen was finished the week before Christmas. I've been trying to get final touches together. I am really enjoying it! Now that DH has seen the difference, Tuesday the painter starts on the Living room, entry ways, and hall. We're having the popcorn ceiling removed and the walls painted. I'm going to go 2 shades lighter than the kitchen and dining room.

Thank you for all the help!!

Details:
Cabinets: Medallion, Carlisle door style, Amaretto with Ebony Glaze
Countertop: Quartz - Cambria Canterbury
Backsplash: Ahnzu Ivory Coast 3x6, Soho Metalic Glass Chocolate Blend 1x2, Prizm grout and caulk Linen
Floor: Native Koa Vinyl Wood Planks
Slide in oven: Kenmore
Dishwasher Kenmore
Refrigerator: LG
Sink: Blanco Silgranite Biscotti
Faucet: Delta Leland
Cabinet knobs: Hardware Resources, Elements Collection: Madison Satin Nickel Knobs, Florence Satin Nickel Drawer Pulls
Counter Stools: Hospitality Rattan Valencia
Peninsula lights: Antique Pewter Pendant
Dining Room light: Antique Pewter
Wall color: BM Barley Harvest
Ceiling/trim color: BM Linen

Before

After

Comments (35)

• homebuyer23
    11 years ago

Wow its Beautiful! I Love your backsplash and everything goes together wonderfully. Your kitchen looks so much bigger! Enjoy!

• stacieann63
    11 years ago

What a transformation! The backsplash looks fantastic with your quartz. It looks so much more open and lighter. Good luck with the painting and enjoy your beautiful kitchen.

• ppbenn
    11 years ago

Now that is one NICE improvement!! Just losing the soffit and the popcorn, big change.
    The lighting is great and it really seems so much bigger. Great Job!

• janetraz
    11 years ago

Absolutely beautiful! What a difference. I love your countertops. You must be thrilled!

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Your previous kitchen looked pretty tired out. I love that you kept nice warm wood in your space. All the rest of your finishes give the kitchen lots of pizazz. I'll bet you love the new location of your refrigerator.
    Everyone that wants to replace peninsulas with an island should see how lovely your peninsula kitchen looks. Congratulations

• boymom23
    11 years ago

It's so pretty! You did a great job! Enjoy that new kitchen! :)

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Wow, you dd a great job picking everything out! Looks very inviting. I love the color of your cabinets.

• judydel
    11 years ago

Beautiful transformation! So warm and inviting . . . enjoy!!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

I love all the warm brown tones! it is like a wonderful chocolate bar!

• flwrs_n_co
    11 years ago

What a great transformation! Cabs to ceiling, new placement of fridge, beautiful cabs and counters, and lovely BS. I bet you're enjoying cooking so much more now with some space on both sides of your range! You've created a warm, welcoming, and (most importantly) highly functional kitchen--congratulations!!

• mamasheshe
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I especially love your new floors.

• autumn.4
    11 years ago

Very nice comfortable and soothing space! Everything ties in nicely together. I really enjoy the lighting you chose too. How are you liking your kenmore slide in? A slide in is on my 'list' also.

• labbie
    11 years ago

What a beautiful kitchen! Such a warm space- love the wood cabinets. I really like your backsplash with the accent tile. Glad you're enjoying your wonderful new space.

• idrive65
    11 years ago

I love the way you stayed true to the warm feel of the original kitchen and your traditional furniture and decor with your new kitchen. And I'm glad you didn't try to shoehorn an island in. Those cabinets are gorgeous, and I like the clever way you accented your white subway with the mini subway tiles in the backsplash. Great job!

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

Rich, warm and welcoming. Beautiful.

• Linda
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! Love, love, love the look of your cabinets, and they go so well with the counters, the BS, and everything! Enjoy!

• Laura517
    11 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen! Love your backsplash and cabinets and I see you have new floors too- lovely! I am ordering new cabinets this week and am also getting Medallion. Are you pleased with cabinets? They look great, are they maple or cherry?

• onedogedie
    11 years ago

I love how I can see the ghost of the old kitchen, which has the wonderful 60's? starkness, in the new kitchen. Your choices are lovely.

I'm curious what new storage you incorporated for the baseball hats. In all my remodeling plans it's where items like that go and making new habits that will make the difference.

• maryl1
    11 years ago

What a fabulous new kitchen! I love the color of your cabinets. Very warming inviting space. Everything comes together beautifully. And so much more functional now! It's great you now have space on either side of your stove. Enjoy it! Great job.

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

Everything looks perfect together: floor, backsplash, counter, cabinets. The cabinets are a beautiful color. Looks like a totally different room even though you didn't knock out any walls.
    Why do so many kitchens have the stove right next to the fridge ? All builders who do that should be fined. HEAVILY. I looked at a new coop building and the stove was right next to the fridge, I had a meltdown and told the saleslady how I felt about that ...
    Just changing the fridge placement and adding storage next to it must make you so happy.

• sixtyohno
    11 years ago

What a lovely beautiful functional kitchen. The backsplash ties it all together. Enjoy this great transformation.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

What a very nice makeover. It all flows well together. Must be huge pleasure for you to enjoy the many elegant details.

I really like the smooth run of the upper cabinets to the ceiling.

• fouramblues
    11 years ago

Wow, you did a terrific job -- it looks beautiful! I thought I recognized Cambria. Love the way it looks with your cabs. And I'm taking note of your grout color. I like that it's a little different but not overwhelming.

Congrats on a job very well done!

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

Such a beautiful transformation! How did you get rid of your soffits? What was in them? The duct work for the heating and air are in mine so I don't think I can get rid of them without spending a fortune re-routing everything into the ceiling.

Was it a huge cost to remove them? I love your sink and the cabinet color and pulls. It's rich, warm and gorgeous. Congratulations!

• Terri
    11 years ago

Beautiful! That pendant is on my short list! And I like the way you did the BS also, not to fussy but a nice detail with the border stripe.

• leeber01
    11 years ago

Love the new kitchen, especially the warm colors of the cabinets and counters.

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

Oh, I bet you are glad to have the fridge off of the range wall!

It all looks yummy! I love it.

• vlovil
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you everyone! I absolutely love it! I love the new layout!

I really like the slide in oven. I had a drop in before. I like the slide in better.

I'm very pleased with my cabinets. They are maple. The door style I had to have are in their lowest line. So I upgraded to get plywood boxes, soft close drawers and more so I could get the door style I wanted.

I haven't figured out what to do with all the baseball caps yet. They will probably find a home in the utility room.

The soffits were easy to get rid of. No extra cost to get rid of them. There was nothing under them.

My Cambria was the first the I picked out. The rest of the kitchen was designed around it.

Thank you again for all your help!
    Vicki

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Warm and pretty!

• msmagoo
    11 years ago

Beautiful, especially the Cambria. Can you tell me the height of your ceilings? Are they 8 ft? We desparately need to remodel and my layout(soffits) are very similar to yours and I want to go all the way to the ceiling with the cabs for add'l storage.
    Thanks.

• vlovil
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My ceilings are 8ft.

Thanks...

• CEFreeman
    11 years ago

How beautiful.
    I also love the bar stools. Such a nice, open touch. airy.

Very lovely .
    Enjoy it!

• camphappy
    11 years ago

What a wonderful change. I love your backsplash with the trim. It adds just enough "extra" to a simple subway tile.

• dilly_ny
    11 years ago

Fabulous. I love your cabinetry. Enjoy!

• susieboomer
    11 years ago

I have same countertop on my 9 1/2' island, I like your wall color better. Think I might try that. Not sure it will go with adjoining carpet though. I have bull-nose corners and is hard to switch color but think it may work.
    Your project turned out beautiful. We have several similar things!

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design