Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tapmaster -- HELP!

Posted by susanuws (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 23:12

After learning about the Tapmaster from this forum, I got one with my new kitchen three years ago. I LOVE it -- when it works! We are now on our third one. What happens is this: We install it and it works beautifully for about 8-12 months Then we notice that the water is a little delayed after kicking the mechanism. Then it only works in the "locked" position. Then eventually it just stops working. Every time it happened, we called the company and they were very accommodating. They sent us a new one, no charge, and asked us to send them the broken one so they could study it and learn what went wrong. But now that it's happening again with our third one, I am reaching out to this group for suggestions. I had one thought -- could it be that our super-hard water is clogging it up?

I just don't want to give it up, so I am willing to do anything to figure this out! Thanks for any and all advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tapmaster -- HELP!

I've had my Tapmaster for 14 months or so without any issue. I've never heard of anything like you describe.

Have you asked Tapmaster about the hard water issue and your problems in general?

If you water is super hard, you don't have a house water softener? If you don't have one, I would guess you would see signs of hard water damage on appliances and other water-using items in your house. Do you?

Have you spoken with a plumber about this and your water?

I'm sorry you've had such bad luck!

o

I did email Tapmaster, regarding the hard water but have not heard back from them yet. I don't have a whole-house softener because I just haven't invested in it yet. We do get mineral deposits on our appliances, faucets, etc., but I just wipe it with vinegar. The Tapmaster has to be taken apart to run vinegar through it, I think. Thanks for your response.

o

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has any suggestions for me! Thanks.

o

I don't have hard water, fortunately, but thought that it did slow internal damage to appliances. I know that a whole house softener is expensive!

I'd be interested to know what you hear back from Tapmaster.

Sorry I can't offer help, but maybe this will bump you up for someone else who can help.

o

Thanks for trying to help. My husband opened it up and ran some vinegar through the tubes to break up the mineral deposits. It helped. But it's a pain in the neck to have to do that every eight months or so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here