Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maggiejune_gw

36" Capital range at Lowes

maggiejune
10 years ago

Hi. I am looking to buy a 36" range for our kitchen. I had it narrowed it down to Wolf all gas or dual fuel. I just noticed that Lowes started carrying a 36" Capital Presision ag range made exclusively for them. It has a lot more features than the Wolf Ag. Does anyone have any experience with this range. I worry about getting knowledgable service as well. I live outside of Atanta, Ga where Wolf has certified service teams. Here is a link to the Lowes range http://www.lowes.com/pd_539862-45524-LGSCR366N_4294715792__?productId=50073297&Ntt=36+range&pl=1�tURL=%3FNtt%3D36%2Brange&facetInfo=
Thank you!

Comments (6)

• homepro01
    10 years ago

Did you notice that these are sealed burner ranges? I don't know if that was important to you.

• maggiejune
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes all the ranges I have looked at have sealed burners. For me easy clean up is very important.
    Here is the description from Lowes. It seems to offer alot for the price. It is just very slightly more than the Wolf AG but has more features. I just a can't find out much information online.
    What do you think? I enjoy cooking but am a home cook not a pro.

Precision L 36-in 6-Burner Freestanding 4.6-cu ft Self-Cleaning Convection Gas Range (Stainless Steel) $6,636.00. I also get 5% off with a Lowes card.

Exclusive to Lowe's, this professional, commercial-grade, self-cleaning range is handcrafted using 304 stainless-steel on the body parts with a lifetime warranty against corrosion
    Six 17,000 BTU Power-Flo⢠sealed burners - total 102,000 BTUs, have true simmer of 140ðF allowing for low-heat simmering or melting and feature electronic spark ignition plus auto re-ignition for uninterrupted cooking
    Heavy-duty matte porcelain finished grates are seated on brass feet that will not scratch the stainless-steel top and feature a continuous platform that allows extra-large pots and pans to be moved effortlessly between burners
    4.6 cu. ft. self-clean oven fits full-size 26" x 18" commercial cookie sheet, has hidden 30,000 BTU stainless-steel bake element for uniform baking and a 18,000 BTU infrared broiler with Inconel wire mesh under glass
    Cooking modes - bake, convection bake, broil, convection broil, open door broil, self-clean
    Black porcelain with titanium speck oven interior has heavy-duty Moto-Rotis⢠rotisserie and 5 rack positions with 3 included EZ-Glides⢠racks that roll out for easy access
    Heavy-duty oven door has an extra-large viewing window with dual pane glass in porcelain liner, 1-1/4" Dia. stainless-steel door handle and utilizes heavy-duty door hinges
    Stay-Cool⢠die-cast chrome plated metal knobs, dual 40-watt bright oven lights and broiler pan provided
    0" clearance base-cabinet installation - 3" stainless-steel rear venting backguard, island trim, integrated gas shut-off valve and front access electric disconnect included; 9" and 18" stainless-steel backguards are available

• homepro01
    10 years ago

Maggie,
    Try posting on the appliance forum for better feedback. The sealed burner models are not popular but maybe you can get feedback on the ovens.

Good luck!!

• fouramblues
    10 years ago

I have a Capital Precision 36" (GSCR366), and have so much love for it! That said, it's not perfect. Pros: POWERFUL burners (mine are all 19K), nice grate design, rotisserie (still get such a kick out of it), good customer service. Cons: uneven baking, smooth glide racks aren't so smooth, poor quality control for mine at least (it was half a year before I had 6 burners that all worked properly, but Capital stuck with it).

Anecdotal evidence about servicing: The first tech who came out to "fix" the burners totally chewed them up by using the wrong tool to take them apart. The techs on subsequent visits (lost track of how many service calls) seemed to know what they were doing, but it still took a while to diagnose and fix the problems. I live in the DC area.

Price: mine was just under $5K less than two years ago, it's $6140 right now at ajmadison.com (not where I got mine). It's got more powerful burners than the one you describe. So the price you were quoted seems awfully high.

• maggiejune
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. I will look at ajmadison.com. I don't think I have a local dealer in the Atlanta area besides Lowes. I do worry about getting a qualified service tech. I need to go back and look at Wolf too. The Capital just has so many great features for the price!!

• pumpkinhouse
    10 years ago

I'm wondering if OP purchased the Capital at Lowes? Besides the sealed burners, I can't tell what the differences are between the Lowes models and the standard appliance store models, besides about $1800 price difference!