Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nomafinney

Cabinets installed - Need advice ASAP

Noma Finney
13 years ago

I would love to get your opinions on my cabinets and my granite selection. The granite installer is coming tomorrow to template and I just need some reassurance of my granite selection (that I made back in December) or redirection if necessary before the granite is cut. Please give me your honest opinions. I'll have a hammered copper sink in both my island (prep) and under one of my windows (main sink). I will also have a tile backsplash (not picked out yet). My fixtures will probably be ORB or something similiar. Also any opinions on hardware are welcome. I'm considering some drop pulls along with some knobs. By the way I will also have a cabinet with glass doors that will sit on the granite in the corner by the door.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here's the granite I have on hold. There are two slabs (mirrored actually).

{{!gwi}}

Comments (18)

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

I like it!

• craftlady07
    13 years ago

What a great kitchen!! I definitely like your granite choice from what I can see. Is there any brown in the granite? what granite is it?

• wizardnm
    13 years ago

The granite is gorgeous but are you sure you want to limit the possible future color changes? That would be my concern.

• Noma Finney
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! The granite has all sorts of colors and definitely some browns. We decided to go with copper sinks after seeing a prep sink at the granite warehouse with the granite. It was beautiful with the granite. The granite is Madwike.

• shelayne
    13 years ago

Oh, NG, your kitchen is beautiful! It is going to be uber beautiful when you get that beautiful stone installed! I can't wait to see it!

• dianalo
    13 years ago

That granite is stunning. It would be a crime not to use it!

• pharaoh
    13 years ago

Gorgeous stone!

make sure you are at home for the templating.. Take the day off, call in sick, but stay home and hover.

Then ask them to call you when the templated are placed over the slabs. Tape them. take photos...

Do not miss any of these steps.
    good luck. it is looking stunning already.

• Noma Finney
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone! You've reassured me so much. I will be working from home tomorrow so I will be here and will be very involved. I also already plan to be there for input when they place the templates on the slabs. So exciting that it's finally all starting to be installed. I'm one of those who was supposed to have a kitchen for Christmas...

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

Nollie that is a GORGEOUS Rock!

Love it and I think you are on track. I can not imagine
    a more beautiful piece with a copper sink. You are second
    guessing yourself (we all do) but it is going to be
    stunning.

I agree with Pharaoh. Try to be at home when templating.
    Decide where you want your seams. My installer was able
    to match seams to pattern in my granite. It can be done.
    And as for hardware.... let me get back to you on that
    I want to think about for a little bit. Study your pictures
    more. I promise to post a few ideas if Fori, or Plllog or
    RemodelFl or another brillant mind has not already.

Do you want ideas for tile? or still thinking about that
    too?

Gosh I am just so excited for you. The cabinetry is heavenly!
    ~boxer

• cardamon
    13 years ago

Your kitchen is done in my kitchen cabinet color and my granite is the same tone. So I love your kitchen! Nice to see your leg posts too. I have a few of those! Really pretty and especially so with your wall color. Hope I get to see finished pictures soon. Love the bookcase. And your island. It is going to look fantastic.

• aries61
    13 years ago

Very nice cabinets. Are they custom?

• Noma Finney
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks boxerpups. I have definitely been second guessing myself on everything! Ideas for tile would be great also. I'm leaning towards a subway shape tile - perhaps in a tumbled travertine or marble... Then something special over the stove, but not a painted mural (even though they are beautiful) because it might clash with any artwork I might want to place on the "mantle".

Maggie - Thanks also. I would love to see pictures of your kitchen!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

i think its perfect ... picks up the wall color and island perfectly

and btw i love your island!

• chicagoans
    13 years ago

My honest opinion? Freakin' gorgeous! Really - beautiful cabs and stone.

re: the pulls: I'm not a huge fan of drop pulls. When I'm pulling open a drawer with one pinky because my hands are gunky, somehow the drop pull doesn't seem as sturdy or something. However, with your cabs a drop pull could be very pretty. You'd want one that has a stopper so it doesn't swing back and touch the cabinet door. (I wouldn't go for drop pulls with a back plate in case you ever want to change your hardware.)

Anyway, the cabs and stone are beautiful. You have done a wonderful job!

• 2golftoday
    13 years ago

Wow! That is a beautiful kitchen! I love your island. The granite is going to look stunning. Please post pics after it is finished.

• Maureen Dimitri
    13 years ago

Nollie- everything looks beautiful...it will look amazing! Can I ask what color is wall paint?

• Noma Finney
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks again everyone. The cabinets are custom. They went heavier than I intended on the glazing, but that's how it goes sometimes.... The paint color is BM Providence Olive. I hope to be posting finished pictures in a month or so!

• ideagirl2
    13 years ago

**The granite is gorgeous but are you sure you want to limit the possible future color changes?**

I don't think it limits them much at all--green goes with a whole lot of colors--and with the exception of pure white and jet black, there's just no such thing as a counter that isn't going to limit your future color changes a little bit.

That granite is gorgeous, I agree.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH