Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerzeegirl_gw

My finished kitchen

jerzeegirl
11 years ago

This is my second kitchen remodeled with the kind assistance of my Kitchen Forum (and Hot Topics) friends. Thanks for all your great ideas, especially those that were stone- related. This is my first experience with stainless steel appliances - I just love polishing it up but I don't think that feeling will last forever!

Here are the details.

Cabinetry
Eudora Frameless Cabinets - Painted Maple Shaker doors in Antique White for uppers and Stained Maple Slab doors in Espresso for lowers.

Countertop
Brushed Lite Typhoon Bordeaux granite (also known as White Spring)

Backsplash
Sonoma Star TriBeCa field tile in Butter
Tantrum Slivers tile in Black (crushed glass)
Polyblend Linen Grout

Appliances
Bosch Dishwasher, Convection Oven (27"), Microwave and Induction Cooktop
Samsung Counterdepth French Door Refrigerator

Sink and Faucet
Kraus Sink
Ladylux Cafe Faucet and Grohe soap dispenser
Compact Insinkerator

Kitchen Aid Hood

Flooring
Imolagres Tile (Travertine-look) 20 x 20" in running bond pattern - Mushroom color epoxy grout

Lighting
Ecosmart LED recessed lights
Juno undercabinet LED lights
Juno Track Light
Emerson Fan

Here is a link that might be useful: My Kitchen

This post was edited by jerzeegirl on Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 22:44

Comments (38)

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Beautiful JerzeeGirl! Enjoy your new space.

• Gooster
    11 years ago

Love how you blended your cabinet styles, and your countertop choice really works well. I think your bold choice in outlet covers works well, too, taking something many tried to hide and emphasizing it.

• bill_vincent
    11 years ago

Very nice, JG. :-)

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

I like the different color uppers vs lowers. I have been seeing that more and more, and you have done a nice job integrating the dark and light.

Is the corner near the sink a "rounder"? I am always curious about the corners and what people use them for. Are there cabinets on the opposite instead?

• angie_diy
    11 years ago

I love the blend of modern and traditional elements! Nicely done!

• westsider40
    11 years ago

Wow, Jerzee, very pretty. The countertop is lovely and enriches the space. You'll love or are loving your new Bosch induction cooktop. So easy to keep clean. Your kitchen is fresh and crisp and easy to cook in. Hope you and your family enjoy all the great new features.

I, too, have slab cabinets and while I love the look, and wouldn't have any others, they are so much easier to maintain than Shaker. YOur beautiful kitchen will stay new and fresh because you selected just the right stuff. Enjoy.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Nice!

• susanlynn2012
    11 years ago

JerzeeGirl, I love the style and light painted shade of white on the upper cabinets, love the stained bottoms ones that make the kitchen unique, love the modern hardware that goes with the cabinets, love so much the granite choice, love your floors and the pattern so much, love the grout choice also, love your appliances, love the recessed light choice you made and most of all I love how everything goes so well together.

If you are able to private message me and let me know who you used to do the tile floors and the backsplash and any other contractors you wish to share since I live in NJ also and have the tiles here and I am getting close to doing the job and want to start as soon as my busy tax season ends.

• gwlolo
    11 years ago

The backsplash so clever and really compliments the cabinets. Looks so nice!

• aliris19
    11 years ago

Very stylish!

• youngdeb
    11 years ago

Beautiful choices, and practical too! Best of both worlds. Are those cesca chairs I spy back there? LOVE THOSE!

• lionheart_gw (USDA Zone 5A, Eastern NY)
    11 years ago

I came in here just to say: JerzeeGirl, way to go! Your new kitchen is beautiful. I hope you are enjoying it immensely.

You people are so creative. I don't know how you do it.

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

I love it! Really like the combo of dark and light with the simple lines in the cabinetry. The granite, for me, steals the show!

• SaraKat
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!

• User
    11 years ago

Really beautiful! Love the granite.

• ck_squared
    11 years ago

Your kitchen turned out beautifully! Love the whole look of it. The counters are beautiful and the backsplash adds just the right touch to bring the uppers and lowers together.

Enjoy your new space.

• function_first
    11 years ago

Great style! Looks like an awesome space to work in functionally, too. Congratuations!

Any before pics?

• new_2_nj
    11 years ago

It's awesome! I can't wait to see it in person.

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

A pleasure to look at this. But I am frustrated. I want to open drawers and cabinets and admire the little nooks and dividers and such.

You must sigh with relief and pleasure when you come into this space. My eyes say ''Ahhhh.''

• TxMarti
    11 years ago

Sleek! I love the painted top cabinets with the stained base cabinets too.

• tea4all
    11 years ago

Lovely!! Your granite is stunning! Am so happy for you to have such a delightful place to work. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

• momto3kiddos
    11 years ago

Is that the bosch 500 or 800 cooktop? I am planning the 500... yours looks beautiful. Is the top drawer underneath false or functional?

Your kitchen has such beautiful lines and colors! Great job!

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Love! Great choices. Enjoy :-)

• marioncohen1
    11 years ago

Can you tell me what brand wall oven is it? Also its 27 inch?

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

What a great kitchen! i am also planning to do dark on bottom and white on top, so your kitchen is an inspiration to me.

• jerzeegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words. I honestly don't know what I would have done without this forum - kind of like information and therapy all rolled into one!

To answer your questions:

Marion13: It's a 27" Bosch 500 Series Oven. It is very roomy for a 27" oven and in fact I think it might have as much volume as some 30" ovens. I have used it to bake bread and pizza and it does a really good job.

Momto3kiddos: It's a Bosch 300 induction cooktop (it's the one without the stainless steel trim) We liked the contrast of the black cooktop against the white granite. I am so impressed by this cooktop because of how easy it is to control the heat - it is so precise.

The drawer under the cooktop is a tilt out with a metal tilt out tray and we keep the spices in it that we use most often. It is one of our favorite little touches.

We decided we needed to do a four drawer cabinet just because of the "little stuff" that would be lost in the deeper drawers. It worked out really well because we keep the bigger utensils and knives (and for some strange reason three rolling pins!)in the drawers under the cooktop and they are very convenient.

lynn2006: I used to know a really good tile guy out on highway 10 in East Hanover but I don't know if here's there anymore. I moved from NJ twelve years ago. You should ask Bill Vincent if he can recommend someone in your area - he recommended my tile guy (from Tampa) and I couldn't be happier (I wish he had also done my floor!)

youngdeb: You are right - those are Cesca chairs and in a way they got the ball rolling for the remodel. (I actually have another 6 of them in the attic and some are the original hand-caned variety - unfortunately we don't have room for all of them!) I wanted to do a mid-century style kitchen but I just couldn't pull it off because I had trouble getting walnut cabinets. So there may a tiny little bit of mid-century but more Deco (due to the white subway tile with black accents).

firsthouse mp: The cabinet to the left of the sink does open from the other side of the peninsula. We use it for storing dog food and thing we don't use very often. It's a very useful cabinet (it's 24" wide) and I am very happy to have it.

• ceramictec
    11 years ago

(((he recommended my tile guy (from Tampa) and I couldn't be happier (I wish he had also done my floor!)))

well thank you, it was fun to do your backsplash and yes, I wish I did your floor also :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Sarasota, Florida backsplash

• jerzeegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Brian! Rest up - the bathrooms are on deck!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I have been waiting for your reveal but am an the road- so texting(and not great at texting)
    Can't wait to see on the big screen.
    Love what you did and congrats!
    More comments when grounded!
    I will have to look at your link to see more of your stunning kitchen.

PS - we will have to compare bathroom notes as we are starting to plan also!

• pamela928
    11 years ago

Jerzeegirl, where did you get your granite, please? I'm in Sarasota too, and I think want a matte finished granite. Did you seal it? How stain-proof is it?
    Thank you!

Your kitchen is truly lovely, and such a nice change from the heavy Mediterannean style ones that seem to be everywhere down here. I can imagine the compliments you get on it.

• jerzeegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

pamela: Thanks for the kind words! We got the granite at Montkrest in Largo. We originally went there because they have Danby marble, but we saw the Typhoon Bordeaux/White Spring slabs and thought they were beautiful. They shipped the slab to our Sarasota fabricators, Valencia Stone. The granite yard has two shipments a week to Sarasota so there was virtually no waiting. They did have other brushed and antiqued granites (some beautiful honed blacks) when we were looking and they have a great website with photos of the slabs.

Regarding staining, I wasn't here for the installation so I don't know if they sealed it but I am pretty sure they must have. I haven't had any trouble with staining at all. It appears to be pretty bullet proof so far but I think the brushed surface may contribute to that.

a2gem: I am going to need all the help I can get with the bathrooms. They are both very small and I am not really sure if I want to replace everything or just a few things. The one thing I do know is that I want a Toto!

• pamela928
    11 years ago

Thanks so much, jg! I'll check them out and will tell them you sent me. Your tile folks are awesome too. Might be a trifecta. I'll report back...

• jerzeegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Send me an email if you need more info!

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

I had to look again at your beautiful kitchen Jerzeegirl! I am going to look for that counter as I love the leathered look and the pattern. I already posted about how I loved everything about your kitchen and wish this was done in NJ so I could meet your contractor. Maybe I will look into your cabinets also. I am going to revisit my kitchen in 2 weeks.

• jerzeegirl
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lynn, Thank you so much for your kind words! We have really been enjoying the kitchen although we already changed at least one detail. All the bottom drawer front were replaced with walnut drawer fronts by a custom cabinet guy (which is what we wanted from the get-go but it is hard to find!).

If you are near Maplewood NJ, my daughter used a kitchen contractor who she just loved so send me an email if you need his name.

• aliris19
    9 years ago

You have holographic electrical plates? ;) ....they changed! Very cool... It's all so beautiful and sympatico it looks like it was just easy to do; it all just happened! I am sure that's not the case. Really nice vision!

• kerick
    9 years ago

jerzeegirl, which Imola tile did you use on your floor?

• jerzeegirl (FL zone 9B)
    9 years ago

Kerick, I bought it at closeout - I think it must have been a discontinued style. I tried researching the numbers on the boxes but could never come up with a name for it.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor