Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peggross1

Would you recommend Restoration Hardware's knobs/pulls?

peggross1
16 years ago

I was set on Colonial Bronze hardware, but there is a significant lead time for the appliance pulls and they don't exactly match the drawer pulls, and they are pretty expensive, SO

I saw a picture of Restoration Hardware pulls in a magazine and wondered about the quality.

I've searched and seen some finished kitchens that show many have used the RH cabinet hardware, but no real critique/recommendations.

Any owners who love/hate them? Would you highly recommend?

Thanks!

Comments (9)

• iamnodiy
    16 years ago

I can't speak for the kitchen hardware but I have purchased a mailbox,towel bar and TP holder. All of them seem to be good quality and the finish has not changed. I think that they would be fine if you find something you like. I just received a coupon for 20% off which is posted below.

Here is a link that might be useful: RH coupon

• rmkitchen
    16 years ago

We have RH knobs / pulls throughout our house (and will be in our new kitchen) and so far, I'm impressed. I like their weight and the fact that the finish doesn't seem to rub / wipe off or get marred. We have sticky-fingered toddlers, one of whom took a scrubby sponge to a knob (not sure the appeal, but it happened!), and the knob still looks great, no different from the others.

I also love the leniency of (most) RH stores in honoring coupons. For example, I purchased all of our Kitchen knobs last year but even so, they told me they'll be glad to refund me the 20% because of the above-coupon. (I called the local manager and asked. I figured, "what's the worst that could happen? She could say 'no.'" But instead she said "yes"!)

They also are great about returns: I bought a knob, opened it up and screwed it on an existing cab (to see if the scale was right). It wasn't, and they gave me absolutely no guff about returning it.

I like their knobs and pulls. (My husband hates their lights, but that's a different story!)

• bayareafrancy
    16 years ago

I have their nickel cabinet latches. I chose them because they were half the price of others I had seen (10 vs 20 bucks). They seem to function pretty well. Sometimes they start to stick, and we oil them with WD40.

They are great about returns. At first I bought brushed nickel. I even installed some. When it came time to return them, I did my best to wrap them up in plastic, but even with ripped bags, they took them back no problem.

I would think knobs and pulls would be fine.

• hest88
    16 years ago

I have two pulls from RH. They're nice and heavy and the finish is lovely. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• kitchengirl
    16 years ago

We have used the RH knobs and pulls in brushed or satin nickel for our kitchen and bar area; the kitchen was installed 2-1/2 years ago and the hardware looks brand-new. I wipe a lot of the pulls off with Clorox Daily Sanitizing spray (it is related to chlorine bleach but a neutralized form so it doesn't have a bleaching action) and it doesn't seem to have any effect on the finish.

I think the quality is excellent.

• peggross1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I did decide to go with the RH knobs (Gilmore) and pulls (Ephram). The weight is nice, and the Ephram pulls were closest to what I wanted (very simple) with a very smooth, comfortable feel. I only bought 3 3" pulls b/c to me 3" pulls are way too tiny. The best part about RH hardware is that the pulls come in so many length (3", 4", 6", 8" and online some styles can be bought in 10" and 12"). The bad thing is that they don't sell any appliance pulls (HELLO! Anyone buying knobs and pulls is highly likely to ALSO want matching appliance pulls!)

Anyway, the absolute BEST is that I bought most of the knobs and pulls I needed in our local RH store, and sadly the remaining ones had to be ordered and they were backordered until 4/8 (not good for us!). However, the awesome manager at my store called around to other stores and found the rest of my hardware pieces at two other stores and arranged to have them shipped to me; he called me when I walked in the door to my house - AMAZING customer service! By far, the best purchasing experience I've had with shopping for our renovation!

So, now I highly recommend them. The quality seems to be there and the level of customer service is extremely satisfactory!

• teched
    16 years ago

I can't speak to the metal quality, but my towels and bedding are falling apart after a very short use. I find them very expensive, and I believe you can do better elsewhere. For example, I looked at their towel shelf for my master bath. It was twice as expensive as the Ginger one I eventually installed. The Ginger shelf had concealed mounting, the RH one had exposed screws. The Ginger one was heavy and substantial. The RH one felt like it might bend more easily. Of course, YMMV.

• karenkess
    13 years ago

We purchased RH knobs and bin pulls for our kitchen remodel project. While the knobs and pulls themselves are of good quality, the screws included have been nothing but trouble. The screws included with the knobs will not thread through and we had to replace them all. The screws included with the pulls break while trying to install and we had to replace them as well.