Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is anyone familiar with Steel Grey granite?

Posted by tblmom (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 22:08

After debating back and forth between white/black countertops, we decided to go with black.

We stopped by a showroom today to take a look at some samples. We are limited, by budget, to the level 1 and 2 granites. The Steel Grey caught my eye while I was looking at some of the black granites. I really liked that softer, charcoal gray color with a little bit of white, black and brown. It really pulls together all the colors we have planned for the kitchen (white/slightly off white cabinets, medium oak floors, stainless appliances).

I tried to google it to see how it held up and to see if people liked it, but I couldn't find a lot of info on it. Does it go by another name? The owner of the store said it was a very popular choice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is anyone familiar with Steel Grey granite?

I put it in a kitchenette in my basement a couple months ago so I can't give you long-term feedback. My brother's family used it for a few weeks while visiting and it still looks great, but I'd expect that. I chose it because it was relatively inexpensive. I wanted to get it honed, but the fabricator couldn't do it and I didn't have time to find someone else. I think getting it honed would make it even softer and more special. I'm planning a marble backsplash with it. Good luck!

o

My parents have Steel Grey aka Silver Pearl (?) and they are very happy with it. The've had it in their kitchen for a few years now. They don't baby it at all, and it appeared to be holding up well when we were last there visiting, a few months ago.

It looks very nice!

o

I have steel gray in our bathroom. Here are some photos. We love it.

Photobucket

house6-10Photos008

When we looked for granite for our kitchen we tried to find steel gray. Everywhere we find we were told they could no longer get it or it they did have it, it didn't look anything like the steel gray in our bathroom.

o

I am considering this same granite. I was looking for black or a white granite and saw the steel gray at Ikea. I too am curious to see pix. I can't seem to find many on the web. I was thinking it might be nice honed as well.

o

Attached is a link to kitchen with steel gray. You need to scroll down a bit but there are nice photos.

Steel gray aka silver pearl

Here is a link that might be useful: kitchen with steel gray

o

Thanks for everyone's input. Mpagmom, do you happen to have a picture of the Steel Gray granite you used in your basement kitchen? I sure would love to see it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here