Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mindimoo1

Help long time GW'ers locate kitchen w/hood between windows

mindimoo
15 years ago

Hi All!

I remember a really lovely kitchen - probably from around last Spring, when we were doing our kitchen of someone who had installed their range on the outside wall centered between two windows. I think they may have had a very light glass tile backsplash - or was it marble.

Any help locating would be appreciated! Thanks much!

Comments (18)

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

I remember a couple. One had a cathedral ceiling and was amazing. It was a long time ago, but had the stove in the middle of the wall with the peak with windows on either side of it. Dramatic but in a very low key way. Gosh, I wish I could find it.

Another I know of is in the Wolf/Subzero catalog and also on a blog I know of (pic below... kitchen belongs to Martha stewart Living photographer William Abranowicz).

• erikanh
    15 years ago

This doesn't belong to a GWer, it's from the Crown Point website, but I think I posted it before ...

{{!gwi}}

• mindimoo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mamadadapaige & erikanh -Thank you very much - both of you! I appreciate the help and those photos will help definitely.

There's another kitchen out there that I definitely remember, with more of a modern flair. Anyone remember?

Thanks again!!

• tigger
    15 years ago

I would love to see the previous photos also if anyone locates since we're in the process of building a kitchen that will also have the range hood mounted between two windows. I hope it turns out half as nice as both photos above :)

• megradek
    15 years ago

well, I know it wasn't my kitchen since I am a newbie, but I'll share! I went with little counter window because I didn't want to give up upper cab space. I do think the windows flanking the hood is a pretty common look though?

• gglks
    15 years ago

a gw'er from awhile ago was SMARGE's kitchen.....vaulted ceiling, white kitchen with mosaic backsplash....not modern though so i don't think it is the kitchen you might be referring to.....i found this from her photos....hope i'm allowed to post her kitchen????? i had saved her's as one of my inspiration pics....

• mindimoo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bumping...

• melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
    15 years ago

Here's our kitchen--currently in-use, not perfect, and bathed in light most of the day (love it). Probably not the one you're thinking of but could still be an example. We "finished" around the time you mentioned (painting is still not completed, unfortunately). :-)

Melanie

{{!gwi}}

• homepro01
    15 years ago

Most likely not the one you are looking for but one of my all time favorites! Do you remember the type of cabinets?

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bosches' Finished Kitchen

• daki
    15 years ago

Could it have been pegkip's? kitchen?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bella Cucina

• lascatx
    15 years ago

I remember one that was more contemporary with the hood actually hanging in front of a window if I'm not mistaken. I'm remembering a loft feeling. I've seen that in an older classic style too -- the white and subways sort. I can't remember who or to look for a post though.

• erikanh
    15 years ago

I remember another one with the hood between two windows and I believe a red glass backsplash. Could that be the one? If so let me know and I'll hunt for it.

• mamadadapaige
    15 years ago

okay... I finally found the one on FKB that I was thinking of and wouldn't you know, it is the sink that has two windows. Still a stunning kitchen, imo (it belongs to orchidluvr). here it is:

here is her Lacanche (I'd want more counterspace on the sides, but just so pretty):

also, in my search came across marylynnnc's kitchen which has windows on either side of the range:

I just LOVE Bosche's kitchen

• heyker
    15 years ago

Here is 1 I have saved for the same reason...
    I will look for one more...
    I love to see "real" kitchens--it helps me to visualize my own space so much better!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• heyker
    15 years ago

Ok...here's the other. This one is ALL windows behind, which you don't see often...not sure about code, etc. but it looks amazing...

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• mindimoo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all so very much!

Marylynnnc's is the closest to the one I remember, but I think lascatx is remembering the more modern - "loft" style one I was picturing.

You've all been wonderful to help me out this way! GW'ers ROCK!

• homepro01
    15 years ago

Mindimoo,
    Was it the Ikea kitchen? If so, I will try to find it in the TV thread.

Homepro01

• peggross1
    15 years ago

gglks - you and anyone else should feel free to share any pictures I've posted on GW. I'm happy to help and am surprised and a bit dismayed to see that doing a search for "smarge" only yields a few posts! I had posted thinking I was helping all future renovators looking for ideas since GW helped me so tremendously.

If it is helpful I'll post a few more pictures of my kitchen. One day I'll set aside some time to get my kitchen in the finished kitchens area.

Here is a long view of the exterior wall of my kitchen, showing the vaulted ceiling.

Here is a pic of my other backsplash, located above a sink on in interior wall that needed something nice to look at. This wall is perpendicular to the stove wall with the tree of life mosaic. (its an old pic, taken before the UC lights were installed, which is why you see the wires.)

Here is a closeup of my perimeter countertop, which is Caesarstone "Raven" in polished finish. I adore it and get compliments on how natural it looks for a quartz composite counter.

These are old pics and I'll try to start my own thread showing the whole, finished kitchen one day when I have an extra hour. Feel free to ask any questions and good luck with all you out there in the planning stages!

Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6