Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Motherof3sons

Posted by oldbat2be (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 21:37

(Hugs). So sorry to hear of your father in the hospital. Thinking of you with warmest regards. Best, Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Motherof3sons

Thanks OB2B. He has been in the hospital several weeks and made significant improvement the last two days. We stay with him 24 hours a day because he requires a lot of care and the nurses and techs are so overwhelmed with so many patients.

We feel blessed to have him with us at 91 years young. Thanks again for the message.

o

Wanted to send prayers your way. Hold on to you dad while you have him, tell him you love him even though you think he knows. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

o

Thanks kgsmom. I tell him that all the time. He is not one to show affection, but he always says it back!

o

I'm sorry to be reading this! It's exhausting work caring for a sick parent, but well worth it. I also hope you are taking care of you, too. It's so hard to do and so very important. 91 years old is amazing! You're in my thoughts and prayers also.

o
Update RE: Motherof3sons

Thank you to those that emailed or posted. I wanted to provide an update on my father. He is now in a nursing rehabilitation center with the goal to get strong enough to move to an assisted living apartment. A short six weeks ago he was living independently, driving to the restaurant every morning for the gossip and checking the farms. It is difficult to see him so weak, but he works every day to regain strength.

Again, thank you for your kind thoughts, concern and prayers.

o

So glad to hear he is doing better. One day at a time, one step at a time, he will find his way back!

o

Thanks for the update; hope he continues to improve. It's got to be so tough on all. Best, oldbat2be

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here