Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clarep_dc

Single bowl sink recommendation?

clarep_dc
14 years ago

I am looking for a single bowl, undermount sink with a drain that is offset to the left of center, but have been having trouble finding any. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments (12)

• ella_socal
    14 years ago

Well, the Shaw 36" apron front has an off center drain (sink can be installed so it's left or right of center), but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

• friedajune
    14 years ago

You don't say what material you are looking for, or what size is your base cabinet. I haven't seen a sink with an offset drain left of center, but I have seen offset drains right of center. Also, there are many sinks with offset drains that are rear center. Can you explain why the drain needs to be left of center?

In any case, the Blanco silgranit sink called Blancodiamond Super Single #440194 is a wonderful sink. It's a large single bowl sink with drain right of center. Installation of this model can be undermounted or drop-in. Do a search on this forum for "silgranit", and you'll see how enthusiastic people are. It comes in several colors, but I think the anthracite color is particularly sharp.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blanco Blancodiamond Silgranit Super Single #440194

• clarep_dc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everybody. I am looking for an undermount sink, but probably not apron front. I'm looking for left of center (perhaps rear left would be a better description) primarily because our dishwasher will be to the left of the sink, and so I think that dishes that are not being worked on will sit to the right side of the sink. I like the silgranite, and have just about concluded that the single with the drain to the center rear is what I will end up with, but wanted to check if I was missing something. There is also the Rohl Allia which has an offset drain and looks like it is reversable.

• friedajune
    14 years ago

Honestly, I don't think whether your offset drain is rear left, rear center or rear right will matter if your DW is on the left. I actually have never heard of such a concern on this forum. As long as the drain is offset, you will have its advantages (more room under the sink, pans won't be covering drain while soaking), and I don't think you should worry about your dishwasher being on the left. Just my $.02.

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

I love the Oliveri sink co.
    You can do a search on the web. They make great sinks
    in any design you wish.
    ~boxerpups

Here is a link that might be useful: Look for my post Oliveri 1/2 down this link

• beekeeperswife
    14 years ago

Did you see this other thread? First response has a sink with the drain to left/rear....

Here is a link that might be useful: other thread

• surveymom
    14 years ago

Try looking at the Franke Orca. It has a left/rear offset drain, just not all the way left. This comes in both stainless steel and fireclay. It has a lip part way down the edge of the sink that a grid fits on the so that you can drain things into the sink on the right side while you work in the left side.

http://www.frankeconsumerproducts.com/productdetail.php?prodid=299&node=10&group=53&lvl=3

A bit less pricey - SS, same kind of shape, no lip, look for a sink in the Noah Collection by Whitehaus - the drain is in the left center of this sink.

http://www.whitehauscollection.com/noah/popup/whnub3016popup.jpg

• gizmonike
    14 years ago

The "other thread" mentioned above shows our sink. It's made by Julien & was welded into the stainless steel countertop. We have a dishwasher installed on each side of this sink, connected to the Insinkerator Evolution batch disposal, so it doesn't matter which side the drain is on.

Having the drain in a rear corner has really been useful. Our disposal & hot water dispenser are installed on the left side, which frees the right side for a full size pullout for cleaning supplies. (Others might want a trash pullout here.) The sink has split grids, so we can pull one out or do rinsing while using the other side for something completely different.

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Boxerpups
    Where did you get your Oliveri sink? I find them on Ebay, but nobody local - they look interesting

• michelleleigh
    14 years ago

I had the same requirements for a sink and I ended up with the Elkay stainless undermount sink called the Mystic (MYSTIC3021BG). It came with a shelf which sits off to the right side. The drain is left of center but towards the front. I actually have not used it yet but its installed and seems perfect. I am told the "brushed" finish is easier to keep clean than some of the other finishes but that remains to be seen on my part. I will post some photos when I move back into my house in the next few weeks.

• catkin
    14 years ago

Check out Ticor sinks!

• clarep_dc
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This is really helpful--thanks so much!