Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Please vote on these.

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

I am SO overwhelmed by all the decisions we are having to make on short notice for these bathrooms. We could REALLY use some help making the last few decisions.

All the stuff we have purchased was bought prior to GC nightmare, so we are now far lower on both budget and energy!

Here are the elements that we already have for the master bathroom.

The gorgeous tile is going to be a framed feature piece over the tub surrounded by the green glass tiles in 3 x 6 subways. The 'marble' tile is for the floor and side walls.

Here is the tub:

Chandelier:

First we need help deciding on a vanity. The first one I love. However it comes with the top still attached and the carrara won't go with the calcutta 'marble' tile.
It is also backordered for who knows how long which means we will either have to wait forever for our finish plumbing or pay for an extra visit from the plumber.

Cost is approx $1600 with the top we don't want.

VANITY 1:

VANITY 2:

DH loves this one. We can have it in less than 2 weeks. May fit the style of the bathroom better than option 1. I think we are both leaning towards this one as we can get it quicker and I think it fits well style wise.

Cost is approx $1150 with no top.

Next we have to decide on the vanity lights which may go on either side of a large mirror, or above. Not sure which.

LIGHT OPTION 1 was bee's Overstock suggestion. We need 2 and they are $160/ each.
I feel like the pattern might compliment the pattern in our feature tile piece?? DH loves these.

LIGHT OPTION 2. Blingy in its own right I have seen this in person and it's beautiful. Has green in it which might work with the green subways and green in the feature tile?

These are a bit pricier at $200/ each:

So please could you vote for Vanity 1 or 2 and light 1 or 2.

Also any thoughts on a paint color? I;m at a loss.

Thanks!

Comments (64)

• desertsteph
    11 years ago

Vanity 1, Light 1. having a dog in the house = I don't like open shelvss. fur flies everywhere. towels on it would need washed every wk!

can I vote more than once?

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

How much storage do you need for the vanity? #1 appears to have more drawers and the large area behind the doors. Have you seen either in person?

#1 for the lights.

The tile is gorgeous along with the tub!

• ArchitectMamma
    11 years ago

Vanity 1

Light 1

• ArchitectMamma
    11 years ago

Vanity 1, although Vanity 2 would work...i think it is personal preference and storage needs.

Light 1, definitely not the second option.

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

Vanity 2 and Light 1

• Linda
    11 years ago

Gorgeous tile and tub! Vanity 2 (IF it provides you with enough storage for your needs) and Light 1!

• springroz
    11 years ago

I say vanity 1.... I can see the baby pulling everything off the bottom shelf!
    I like light 1, also. And the tile and tub are spectacular!!

Nancy

• wishiwasinoz
    11 years ago

The tile is gorgeous!

Vanity #1 & light #1. Have you looked all over to find it without the top? I only ask this because I have been on the hunt for vanities. Several places only carried the vanities with the top, but I did source out an alterplacer emailer where it was $500 less & did not come with the top.

Good luck!

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Vanity 2, Light 1. Gorgeous bathroom to be!

• dilly_ny
    11 years ago

To be honest, I just don't like light #2 at all. Its like the standard fixture you see everywhere with more bling. Love light #1 with your choices. Fabulous tile!

• AboutToGetDusty
    11 years ago

Just read all the comments. I agree with springroz - your baby will pull everything off Vanity 2's shelves...but it's just a short time. Babies grow up fast. Later you would have to think about kids stepping on that shelf. I have a smaller vanity with open shelves like that. My toddler and kindergartner (and friends) leave my shelf alone. The trick? Fill that shelf with perfect-size baskets filled with towels. No more room to use it as a stepstool! And keep a folding step stool handy so it's not even a thought.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all SO much - this is so helpful.

Now any thoughts on a paint color?? I'm thinking a greige or maybe something in the green family (but no idea what!)?

• drewem
    11 years ago

Can I ask about your floor tile? Is it a marble look alike, or real? What brand/name? It looks very nice! I love the feature piece!

• eam44
    11 years ago

V2 L1
    If it makes you feel any better about the vanity choice, both are beautiful, and rule #1 about using fake stone is NEVER pair it with real stone in the same room.
    Good luck!

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

I agree with the majority, V2 L1. Your artwork tile - OMGosh!!! It's beautiful! Does it come in other colors besides green (blue?)? Where did you find that? Your tub is so pretty too! Can't wait to see it finished!

• gardenamy
    11 years ago

Absolutely LOVE that accent tile and can't wait to see it. My vote is vanity #2 and light #1....will be beautiful combination!

• mjocean
    11 years ago

My vote is V2 L2

I love the lighting.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

Vanity 1, Light 1. Love your tile choices.

I think Vanity 1 is the same manufacturer that DD2 just installed in her MBath - who makes it? She had one ordered then it was on backorder forever, so she switched to different company, similar design. Hers has doors under each sink with drawers in the middle. Actually, this might be the one she never could get.

Why do you not want the top? The top of hers is gorgeous. The top may not be easy to remove - her brand was delivered as one piece, with sep. backsplash piece (took 3 deliveries to get one not broken in pieces).

**Added: Yours is the one she could never get delivered. Was pushed back numerous times. She ended up buying the London by Watercreation. She replaced a 72" vanity with a 60" so the bathroom didn't seem crowded:

This post was edited by allison0704 on Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 10:23

• piu007
    11 years ago

Vanity 2, light 1.

• tracie.erin
    11 years ago

Vanity 1, Light 1.

For paint, I've heard it said here that green is terrible for a bathroom because the light reflects onto your face, throwing off makeup application. So I'd pick a warm greige, or even better - an actual deep beige or tan.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

drewem - it is a porcelain calcutta marble look alike.

That's why we don't want to keep the top on vanity 1 - it's carrara and I don't think the two 'marbles' would work together.

Alison - that's very useful information, thanks! The last thing I need is to order a vanity which will never come. Thanks for posting it.

I'll check out the one she got.

They're laying the tile in the downstairs bathroom. We still have to aint the vanity, but I think I'm kind of loving it!!

• steph2000
    11 years ago

Heavily partial to Light #1 - it seems to go so great with your tile and your chandy.

All the vanities posted are great. It seems that's going to come down more to what is available? I'm sure you know this, but do want to note that my aunt is going nuts with her marble in a bathroom, which is etching like mad and she hates it. I tried to get her to pop over here and learn to embrace the etch, but it was a no-go. lol

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Floor tile being installed in downstairs bathroom. Ignore the faux finish vanity color.

• p.ball2
    11 years ago

I vote for vanity 2 and light 1. I feel that light 2 competes too much for attention with your other elements. Your choices are going to make a beautiful bath, can't wait to see it!

• rosie
    11 years ago

I'm way late to this and don't know what all others have said, but to me the severely straight, modern lines of #2 just don't go with the elegant curves in the tile feature and tub. I love an eclectic mix, it isn't that, but this strikes me as sort of like trying to combine a Craftsman side table with a Louis XV bergere chair.

• cawaps
    11 years ago

Vanity 2, Light 1.

• natebear zone 10B
    11 years ago

I agree with localeater and rosie. I don't like vanity #2 at all with your choices for the same reason-harsh lines. I vote for vanity #1 and I think either light would work. My first instinct was light #1 as it mimics the lines of your feature tile.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

It became the wait of the century (besides childbirth) for DD2! It was the only vanity she had seen and wanted. Once I found this other option, she was all for it. So close! Bless her heart, the remodel took far longer than we planned (DH and I did a lot of the work ourselves). Between our companies, travel, illness, every day life and working around subs it took several months too long... but it is beautiful and she loves it. She needs to finished accessorizing so I can write about it for AM!

• petra66_gw
    11 years ago

Vanity 2, light 1.

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Oops I meant ... Vanity 1, Light 1.

This post was edited by BlackChamois on Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 18:14

• beachpea3
    11 years ago

One more vote for Vanity one or Alison's and light 1. God luck with whatever you pick! It will be lovely!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Oh I love the 'floor tile being installed downstairs'! Please provide more details :)

Here's the combo I like. Will look forward to seeing what you choose! Best, OB2B

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

oldbat - those do look great together! How did you do that grouping? Could you do the same thing with the other selection?

I do love this vanity, but really don't fancy the idea of waiting some undetermined amount of time fo it - especially given alison's daughter's experience with it. Having it custom made is prohibitively expensive. : (

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oldbat - that floor tile is from glasstilestore.com - crema marfil with light emperador hexagons. Then in the shower we're doing 12 x 12s and mini hexagons on the floor both from Garden State Tile.

Vanity top is Costa Esmeralda. Need to paint the vanity and probably the walls too.

• caitlinmagner
    11 years ago

>>>>I can't vote for vanity 2, its lines seem a little too harsh and angular for some of the other choices- just my opinion.My thoughts exactly. Vanity 1 and light 1. I agree that the light beautifully complements the feature tile.

Love you tub and can't wait to see pics of the finished bathroom!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Thanks hoboken. What is the size of that floor tile? I take it you are waiting to grout?

I just take a screeenshot (ALT+Print Screen) and then paste it into a new paint window. (Start, run, pbrush). Select what I want, and then paste it into a new paintbrush window. Here you go!

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

hobokenkitchen! What fantastic choices! I've been away from Gardenweb for awhile (my son was born in October, and we don't break ground until March, so I took a break), and I was just wondering how your home was coming along!

I love all your choices - and either vanity would look great, but I probably wouldn't be willing to wait that long for #1. Though, hands down light #1. I like light #2 as well, but the tile screams hollywood glamor, and the light matching perfectly.

Also, I LOVE the tile combo - can you tell us more about it?

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

oldbat it's not all down yet - still being laid. It's quite small and a difficult layout to photograph so I'll try when it's done, but pics probably won't be that great.

Laura12 - congrats on the new baby!! : ) How's it going? We found the first few months quite tough, but now she is just a delight. Ok a high alert, never naps delight, but still a delight. Are you getting any sleep?

The tile for the master bath is from Artistic tile. The feature is a calcutta marble and glass waterjet mosaic. Hope it all works out as well as I hope it will!!

• junco East Georgia zone 8a
    11 years ago

Longtime lurker here.

Your bathroom will be beautiful. Take a look at Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments and the others on that strip of colors. Very spa like, not yellow at all.

• kateskouros
    11 years ago

vanity 1, light 1.

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Hmm... I may be copying your choices here in our master bath! Yours will be done before I even have to buy tile so I can't wait to see it all put together!

As for the little one, you sound like you are describing my baby! From day one he was alert and hardly slept, bizarre, even all the grandparents said that had never seen anything like it, though he is happy little guy and doesn't fuss much so we don't have much to complain about. He is 3 months old now, and things are getting much MUCH easier. Last night he only got up once! That was a first as the best we have had up until now was 3 times, hopefully it is a new pattern that gets repeated! :)

Now if only this house had been built before he was born! ha

• pricklypearcactus
    11 years ago

Vanity #2 and Light #1 hands down. I much prefer the styling of the second vanity and the first light seems like it will complement your tile very well. And your feature tile is absolutely stunning.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How about this vanity which comes with a travertine top. DH likes this one even more than vanity 2 and I think (??) the top could work in the room?

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Love it!!

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Bumping for more new vanity opinions and Laura I hear you!! Our baby girl had reflux though so she did fuss on top of not napping. It was rough. Now she is so beyond gorgeous though - into EVERYTHING and so alert it's ridiculous. I think she is going to be a hard work, high reward kid. Sometimes I wish she were a bit more placid when I could use a break, but ultimately I wouldn't have her any other way and she's pretty good at playing independantly which is a blessing.

Yesterday I put her in her crib for a nap, then looked at the video monitor only to see crawling practice going on in her crib:

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Ahh!! Too cute! :) She looks ready to take off! :)

Isn't technology fantastic! We have a video cam set up that is attached to our iPhones so relatives in Germany can check in our little guy as well! :)

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Where did you find the chandelier?

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's from Overstock!

• louisianapurchase
    11 years ago

Precious, that is one lump of love!!!!

• jennifer2413
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hobokenkitchen, if by chance you see this, do you know the exact brand/color of the green glass tile? We are also considering a Danse Lucido feature. Yours turned out beautifully!! Thanks.