jerseyshoremama

Raven Caesarstone--real pics please!

jerseyshoremama
15 years ago

I would love see real pics of installed raven caesarstone!!! thanks~

Comments (17)

• kelleg69
    15 years ago

Have you seen smarge's kitchen? Look her up. She used Raven.

• peggross1
    15 years ago

For some reason all my old posts have fallen off the kitchen thread! Here are the pics I have of my counter. Someone else had started a great thread on Raven in honed, showing those pics, which was nice for someone considering both to see. It's too bad that thread is lost, and I can't recall who the poster was. We both LOVED our Raven countertops. My island countertop is Danby marble, by the way, and like all the marble in my house, it etches extremely easily.

Hope these are helpful. Free free to ask questions!

• jade_jade
    14 years ago

Your kitchen looks really nice smarge. What white did you use for your cabinets and how is your polished raven countertop holding up?

• blondie859111
    13 years ago

Smarge,
    Can you tell us about your wood floor? It's beautiful!
    Thank you.

• poppy09
    13 years ago

Sorry to hijack this thread--but to smarge: would you mind sharing details about your STUNNING backsplash(es)? I first saw your kitchen months ago, and couldn't find any information on it. I love your kitchen--Raven countertops, marble island, and your gorgeous backsplash!

• firstmmo
    13 years ago

I have Raven (polished) in my bathroom. It reads very true dark gray. Smarge's up close pics are good. When you stand back, the counters look very monochromatic and you can barely see the pattern. My fabricator told me we could get it honed too.

From Menlo Farmhouse

From Menlo Farmhouse

• peggross1
    13 years ago

I've been away for a while (renovation done, so I just come back to GW off and on in case anyone asked a question I could help with)

jade_jade - my floors are Ipe wood, aka Brazilian walnut. Ipe is an incredibly dense wood and had held up to my two labrador retriever's play/running very well! I would recommend it.

poppy09 - my backsplash was custom made by an artist I found online, Cynthia Fisher. She lives in MA, and we worked together via emails/phone calls until it was ready for installation. She normally mails her work with detailed installation instructions, but we were able to convince her to come do the installation over two days herself. My backsplash is featured on her website, which I'll post a link to below. She is amazing!

The inspriation for the backsplash started with the tree. My husband and I really like the "Tree of Life" and wanted it to be featured in the heart of our home. We also love Chagall's work, and asked Cynthia to try to capture that feel. I think she did a wonderful job!

The other one, over my sink, was meant to complement the tree without trying to copy at all. There are no bits of mirror or surreal colors to that mosaic, but it is still something beautiful to look at when I'm working at that windowless sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Big Bang Mosaics

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

smarge - if you're still out there ... what color white are your cabinets painted? Raven has moved up on my list of counter choices and though I know there are so many white paints, all of which would probably go, I do like yours. Thanks!

• dmm_rockville
    11 years ago

Ceasarstone Raven Counter
    Trikeenan tile
    Benjamin Moore glass slipper paint
    Cabico Cabinets
    Top Knobs hardware
    Zephyr Hood
    Viking Range
    Natural maple floor

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

dmm - are your counters honed or polished? I am very close to finalizing my counters and probably will go with Raven. Just not sure if I should have them honed or not.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

I thought it was not recommended to hone quartz.

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

here are mine

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

another view

• elissahart
    11 years ago

Mitchdesj, I love your kitchen--thanks for sharing images! Would you mind saying what you used for your backsplash? I like how it's subtle but adds some interest and it coordinates very well with the countertops. We have raven countertops and white cabinets are are trying to figure out a backplash.

• blackchamois
    11 years ago

Add me to the list of Raven owners! I just ordered mine today. They were templated and will be installed on Monday! I will be sure to post pics along the way! I am doing an eased edge with 1.5" overhang.

Linelle - "I thought it was not recommended to hone quartz." I have been told that you can do it, however, you must sign something from Caesarstone acknowledging the *risks* (I am NOT honing mine.)

• mitchdesj
    11 years ago

erhm, thanks for saying that; my bs tile is a basket weave pattern of glass tile and marble, my designer sourced it so I have no clue what the company is or the model.

• Mags438
    11 years ago

Smarge, realize this is an old thread but had to comment - it's beautiful. I notice you installed ipe. I have been looking for ipe installer for a while for an exterior application. What type installer did you use? I'm on the east coast. Seems regular hardwood installers I contacted are not very experienced with ipe. Hope u see this; didn't see an email addy in ur profile

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz