Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Custom Butcher Block

Posted by sue_ct (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 12, 14 at 21:22

I frequented this forum 3 years or so ago when I was doing my kitchen and found it to be tremendously helpful. It must be all new people who post now, because god help them if anyone is still working on theirs 3 years later, lol. I had always meant to come back though and share a wonderful craftsman I found in Wisconsin to make me a butcher block. I found him on Etsy, and although he no longer appears to sell them there, he does on a his website. He made it to fit the exact size space I wanted to use it on and I love it! I The workmanship is wonderful and I believe it will last me forever. Mine is made of Cherry with Walnut ends. Hope you all love your kitchens when you are done, it really is worth all the pain, lol!

My Butcher Block by Moll's Carpentry in Turtle Lake Wi photo Mybutcherblock_zps6fe261cd.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: Moll's Carpentry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Custom Butcher Block

These are works of art! Beautiful!

o

That is truly beautiful - I'd hate to cut on it!

o

Thank you, although not sure I should since I wasn't the one who made it, lol. It has held up really well after several years of regular use and still looks beautiful. He just does such an outstanding job I hope at least a few people look into it. He is less expensive than Boos but top quality and much more custom and beautiful I think. I knew if anyone would appreciate it, the people here would.

o

That's a lovely countertop! Lots of interest going on.

It's nice to hear someone having nice things to say about their kitchen elements. Particularly something so personal to an artist as this butcher block is.

I'd have a hard time cutting on that, too! But I eventually would.

o

Perfect timing! As soon as i finish my kitchen i'll need couple of those!! I tried to google, but didn't find anything! so THANK YOU!

o

That's very lovely. Hats off to you for shining a light on the work of a craftsman, too.

There are so many wonderful craftspeople and artists out there, and their work really can make a home warm and special. Sometimes they are hard to find, without word of mouth, so I'm always happy to see posts like this. His work is beautiful!

o

I love and appreciate good craftsmanship, as well as people who are just plain good people to do business with. This gentleman was wonderful and I am glad to share his work with anyone who can appreciate it. The ideas, information and support I received here was wonderful. I get excited again just reading about some of the new projects.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here