Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Costly mistake - Kohler stages 45"

Posted by Laura_PA (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 21:19

Well, I panicked when my stages 45" was backordered, backordered and didn't look like it would ship "in time" - I found another seller that had delivery time that I could schedule and it was in my timeframe so I jumped on it. Went to cancel the other order the next day only to find out it had shipped.

So now I have TWO stages 45" sinks. Sigh. The restock fee + return ship fee was too much so I am going to try to sell on eBay for my cost. Anybody in eastern PA/NJ looking for a Kohler Stages sink :)? Think I will have any luck? I should have just been patient as the whole schedule got skewed anyway and it wouldn't have mattered. lesson #123.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Costly mistake - Kohler stages 45"

That stinks. Try EBay, local pickup only.

And CL in Balt and phila.

Typing On phone, sorry so brief.

o

Try Craigslist. I sold a sink that I bought at an auction before I selected a countertop that didn't go with it.

o

LOL!

I have TWO Kohler, 'Hawthorne' undermount farm sinks in a gorgeous red color. Rousselain or something.

I was wondering the same thing. But given the fact they weight 180 lbs each, I'd hesitated. Mine is gracing my barn in its box.

Good luck.

o

Deinitely craigslist and ebay local pick up.

I don't know that you'll get back what you paid though. Sorry that sucks!

o

Wish I was closer to you. I need a 45" Stages. Peke

o

Eeesshh. Any luck on this?

o

I love that sink! Too bad I am in CA!!!

o

I am currently looking for the best price for one. I found one a month ago for a great price. Now it is $300.00 more. Where did you get yours? Peke

o

Yeah, too bad you are not closer! I do LOVE the sink. I had to clean the old refrigerator to give to my sis, and it was amazing being able to fit the shelves and bins in the sink to wash. Soooo much easier than it was in my small sink. I'm very happy with it.

I had a lead on selling it, but they decided they do not have the room for 45" sink. My contractor took pictures in case he talks to someone redoing the kitchen. As soon as things settle down I will try Craig's list or ebay. I'm also going to tell my kitchen designer/cabinet supplier when he comes for the punch list. If I can sell it for $900-950 I will be very happy.

One of mine came from Amazon.

o

Oh that is killing me! HD had it for 840 a month ago now it is 1140.00. I hope you get your money back.

o

OP,

Have you sold it?

o

I am in the process of doing so. Found a buyer and we're just working out logistics. :)

o

Good for you!

I was silly and didn't order it when I should have and now it is a lot more expensive. Urghh

That is why I am looking if I can find a deal. :-)

Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here