Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisaslists2000

Stages Sink, Bluestar Cooktop, Futuro Hood

lisaslists2000
14 years ago

I couldn't resist taking pics and sharing them today. They just put in the fan, and I'm loving it. The sink I posted because there've been questions asked - it's in place, but not installed yet, and the cooktop makes me happy! No electricity or gas or water yet, but progress is good!

Lisa

Comments (15)

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Lisa...progress - YEA!! You will loooove your cooktop. We love ours - same model as you have.

Eliz

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Yahoo! It's coming along -- I can't wait to see more. Love the Ikea hack for the sink . . . spoke w/ my cabinet maker today and he's going to put one drawer and a pull-out trash under the sink prep shelf for the Stages 45. Keep the pictures coming!

• lisaslists2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

rjr, remember it has the shelf for the accessories. I don't know if there's room for a trash. Just FYI, maybe you've already considered it. BTW, I made myself laugh like a crazy woman when I wrote about keeping the wife out of the liquor, ROFLMAO. Sometimes I crack me up.
    Lisa

• rhome410
    14 years ago

Coo-ool! I sure don't blame you for being excited!

• morton5
    14 years ago

Love the cooktop, love the hood (I have both, though the BS range). Love the sink, too; if I could have put in an undermount sink with an integral drainboard, I would have.

How high is your Futuro over your cooktop? I recommend going less than 30 inches.

• transitional
    14 years ago

How exciting! Your kitchen is looking great! I got in my sink and didn't noticed it had 3 small dings in it until my husband took the plastic off. Don't mean to scare you but have you taken a peak under the plastic? I thought I could inspect it just fine without removing it but my husband proved me wrong.

• kristin42
    14 years ago

Awesome! I am loving the cooktop. That is the one I would get, if I could get service for it in my location. What a great looking space!

• lisaslists2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for sharing in my excitement! Morton, it is 32". Looks higher, doesn't it? I had my old one high, like 36. A few wisps escaped, but it was plenty good. This one should catch pretty much everything.
    Lisa

• rjr220
    14 years ago

Sometimes I crack me up, too . . . . With this upcoming reno I may see the need to lower the liquor storage a little!

I've decided to put the accessories along the wall of the adjacent Lazy susan -- otherwise open space -- it's the only way I can get the big mama Stages 45 AND a trash pull-out. I can't wait to see your progress.

Transitional -- where are the dings? Are they somewhere where the sink grid might obsure them? Make sure you post your progress as well.

And I wish Jay would post an update on his Stages as well -- before xmas he had a counter mix-up, but promised updates. Now he's MIA -- no doubt lost in new kitchen land!

• lisaslists2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kristin42 - I don't think you should need service for the cooktop. They are pretty simple beasts. The only thing is the ignitor (which imho is not the best ignitor solution), but you can order them and use the video on eurostoves to know how to replace them. The stoves I believe are a little more complicated and may require occasional service. (Please don't let any appliance forum people see me saying the slightest bad thing about bluestar,lol, and if they do, please don't let them yell at me.)
    Lisa

• kristin42
    14 years ago

Ok Lisa you are making me laugh! Thanks for the insight.

• aarenovation
    14 years ago

Thanks for posting Lisa! Looking forward to the final install...and for my 45" Stages to show up one of these days.

• mondragon
    14 years ago

I have the same cooktop since 2006. We agree it is still the best thing we did in the remodel. We got a 14in hand-hammered wok (pow) from Amazon (Wok Shop) and you set that baby down in the high powered burner and you will be amazed at what you can do.

The only problem we've had with it was the igniters. Where I live, the utility company (PSEG) sells service contracts for any appliance for a very small cost, so when it wouldn't stop clicking we called them, they ordered all new igniters and the ?sparker? and they've been fine since.

Maybe we're slobs, but we pretty much leave the black cast iron parts as is and clean up the stainless, then every few months run the cast iron through the dishwasher and chip off anything that didn't come off. A light coat of peanut oil and they're good to go.

Something you might prepare yourself for is that I don't think that hood is anywhere close enough to handle the steam/smoke you'll get from the burners. Ours is wall-mounted, with a deep "collection" area (like a regular hood) and it's 27" over the cooktop and it's still not enough. And it's a pretty powerful hood.

We don't use the griddle that often, but we use the over as a "landing strip" all the time. The griddle makes great omelettes.

• bmorepanic
    14 years ago

That's so cool and I wish I had one.

Btw, how are you going to finish behind the rangetop.

• lisaslists2000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

THanks, Bmore! I am contemplating that... Perhaps stainless tile from ebay? perhaps a sheet of stainless? just don't know yet... suggestions?
    Lisa