Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kgyso

Where to place faucet and stuff with Orca sink?

kgyso
16 years ago

Hi, I have an Franke Orca and I am trying to figure out where to put my faucet, airswitch, airgap, and hot water dispenser, and soap dispenser. Do you have pics of yours? Thanks

Comments (10)

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

Here is mine:

• teched
    16 years ago

I don't mean to hijack, but can I ask what size cabinet this sink fits in?

• kgyso
    Original Author
    16 years ago

valinsv, I have a 33in sink base. What is yours? I think that will have an impact on what I can fit around the corner of the sink? Your set all match very nicely. Is that a hot water dispenser on the far right? I have never seen that one before. I was surprised than you don't need much space from the backsplash area. I was concerned about that because I have a tip out tray that which means I need the sink set a certain distance from the front. Thanks for the pic, it helps tremendously.

• jerseygirl_1
    16 years ago

Teched,

I was able to fit mine in a 30" base. We did have to cut the cabinet on the inside. It's a small price to pay for a great sink.

• teched
    16 years ago

Thanks jerseygirl. The KD and I were just talking about how the GC can sometimes finesse the cabinet to hold the bigger sink. I liked that you can order the smaller bowel to set in the sink and act like 2 sinks. Plus the shape as a single sink is awesome!

• whenzuc
    16 years ago

what accessories do Orca sink owners find actually useful?

• Valerie Noronha
    16 years ago

Regarding cabinet size, mine is 36", though stated minimum cabinet size is 33" and I've heard some scoop the cabinet sides of a 30" cabinet and put it in that way. For a long time I planned to do just that and put in the 30" cabinet, though at last minute I erred on the size of caution as I was nervous making the cabinet thinner on the DW side--where there was no cabinet abutting it to give it added strength. I bumped it up to 36"--reason being it was easiest to just give it 3" to either side so that the placement did not need to change since the window was already put in and I was flanking it with equal size uppers. Having the larger cabinet does allow for the sink fixtures to be offset from either end which with a smaller sized cabient would need to be adjusted. I also did not put in a tilt-out tray--though I do think now I could've squeezed it in. Again, errered on the side of caution as I had my heart set on using the Brizo Venuto faucet and didn't want to even consider possibility I would not have clearance to the back. My water dispensor is by Waterstone and is for cold water only, though they may make one for hot as well. ONly caution here is that you need to consider how the handle of your particular faucet places in relation to the next hole over (in my case the air switch)--as I know one person where the hole was drilled too close and so the air switch ended up being under the faucet handle--not that big a deal, but not planned that way either.

As for accessories, I have the bottom grid and right shelf grid--I love them both and highly recommend them. I did not consider the cutting board--both because you need a positive reveal which I did not want for aesthetics and I have a separate prep sink which I use and I like to use the plastic cutting boards which then go in the DW.

No regrets on any of my sink choices. It gets heavy use every day.

• soonermagic
    16 years ago

Not the clearest picture, but this is the one I have at the moment of my Orca, faucet, pullout, soap dispenser and three air switches:

The airswitch on the left by the soap dispenser controls the diswasher; the other two control (a) the light above the sink and (b) the undercab lights.

• franki1962
    16 years ago

Here is our set up. had to stay away from the left side due to restictions from the cabinet back

• mindy250
    16 years ago

Here is mine. I also had a hard time w/ this decision, but this layout has worked well. Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: