Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pcandlyte

New home- new kitchen pics.

Pcandlyte
12 years ago

Our custom build was completed last month, and I am really enjoying my new kitchen. As I worked with the interior decorator and the kitchen designer, I objected to almost everything they suggested, so I just knew my new kitchen would be a disaster. Our last home had a great kitchen, also new, with excellently crafted white cabinets. I was so tired of looking at the white cabinets and wanted to go a little darker. Well I went a LOT darker, and much to my amazement, I love how all the different elements came together.

Altough it is a smaller kitchen, we were able to pull off cooking a Christmas dinner for 14 in about 5 hours, and quickly found out that 2 cooks work great in this kitchen!

Countertops: Giallo Fiorito

Cabinet color: Ebony

Wall color: Sherwin Williams Bamboo Shoot

Backsplash is a tumbled tile, I don't have the specifics on hand.

Floors: Somerset wood floors in Natural color

Appliances: Kenmore Elite to include convection microwave

Sink: 16 gauge Ticor S305D

Comments (13)

• motherof3sons
    12 years ago

Lovely! Congratulations on your new kitchen. Your comment that you knew it would be a disaster hit home with me. Enjoy your new space!

• Jody
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous kitchen and dining area. Love your granite with the dark cabinets .... and also loving the wall color. A very *happy* kitchen to work in ;) Your kitchen puts a smile on my face!!!

jody

• sixtyohno
    12 years ago

The space is so beautifully done. The colors are wonderful and the whole kitchen looks friendly as well as practical. Have a great time in your lovely new kitchen.

• nini804
    12 years ago

So pretty...everything looks lovely together! Is your hardware Jeffrey Alexnder? I have that style in my master bath! I think it is so pretty!

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Everything is just gorgeous!! I love your dark cabinets and the colors and finishes you have chosen. Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed looking at the photos of your beautiful kitchen!

• poohpup
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Love the stacked stone and those gorgeous cabinets. Very rich look. I really like the bar stools too. Very similar to ones that I'm considering but I like them better. Can you share more about them? Who makes them, where they were purchased? Thanks! Enjoy your new kitchen!

Demo is 3 weeks from today!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    12 years ago

I love your wall color with the very dark cabs. Very pretty.

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

Very striking and pretty. I love the color of your cabinets with the counter. I'd love to see the room through the arched doors, the dining room?

• tea4all
    12 years ago

Lovely kitchen! Your colors are so pleasing together. I love your Somerset wood floors! It must be a joy to work in.

• mmhmmgood
    12 years ago

Great kitchen! I love the stone on your island - a nice feature. Makes me think of the rugged rockies ... perhaps you live somewhere mountain-y? And as others have said, I like the wall colour with your cabinets. Very comfy and inviting kitchen. Enjoy!

• Pcandlyte
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all! I've never been much of a cook, but I've been very inspired to cook more often in this kitchen.

Marti8a, the rest of the house is on the builing a home forum under the It's January 2012- How's Your Build Progressing, but I'll add pics of the dining room here. We haven't purchased new furniture for our home yet, and the dining room table and chairs will be purchased eventually.

The stone is Arizona Ledge Stone by Centurion Stone of the Carolinas. We had the stone from the family room fireplace pulled into the kitchen to tie the rooms together and to save money. Originally I had the kitchen designer schedule for beadboard to be put under the bar area to mimic the dining room and tie the dining room and kitchen together, but the beadboard cost double the amount of the stone. So it was a money saving move that worked out and doesn't look like a cost cutter.

Poohpup, I purchased the bar stools about 5 years ago on JCPenny.com. They are counter height and cost around $50-$60 each. I think I paid around $120 including taxes and shipping. They were supposed to be temporary to get us through holiday entertaining, but I liked them enough that they are still with us. They are very durable. They were the closest thing I could find to match the table and chairs that we picked up on the side of the road that you see in the breakfast nook. They get their "aged" look from the awful movers we had during this last move that was government sponsored. Almost all of our furniture was damaged between our last residence a few states away and our new home.

Nini, you are correct about the hardware. I like it so much that I carried them over into the master bathroom too.

MMhmmgood, We are in NC, however we are several hours from the mountains. I love bringing the outdoors in with colors and textures, hence the mountain feel. Plus my favorite colors are green and oranage, fall inspired, and fall reminds me of the beautiful mountain regions of NC.

Dining Room

Fireplace

Here is a link that might be useful: It's January 2012- How's Your Build Progressing

• jjdcl
    12 years ago

I love it! The stone is wonderful. It would be so functional for us because my three little boys love to swing their legs and kick at my cabinetry as they are sitting on the barstools.

• Liz C
    3 months ago

Pcandlyte, how are you liking your somerset floors now that its been 11 years? We are looking at installing the same floor & color. Has it held up well?

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths