Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andreak100_gw

Your favorite Lee Valley kitchen gadgets

andreak100
11 years ago

Trying to take advantage of the Lee Valley free shipping and I'm planning on getting one of the cookie/bacon racks that was mentioned in a2g's post. This one: http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/page.aspx?cat=2,40733,40734&p=68910

What other goodies do you have in your kitchen from there that shouldn't be missed?

Here is a link that might be useful: Lee Valley Cookie/Bacon rack

Comments (21)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

I was just about to order these babies - and discovered free shipping is only for orders over $40...
    I guess I will try my current rack first.
    Bummer

• andreak100
    Original Author
    11 years ago

a2g, that's exactly why I'm asking if there are any other gadgets that are must haves - trying to reach the $40! :)

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Maybe we can order together...
    I ordered the expandable drawer dividers already and lots of folks love the other dividers.
    I also ordered the wood silverware insert - which turned out to be a rev-a-shelf and I paid shipping..
    I might get some of the little towel hooks to use in our pantry...

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

I think this grater is nifty, especially with the holder:

Here is a link that might be useful: Zester and holder

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Sold!

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

I love my microplane grater and catch tray. The microplane stores inside the holder.

I also have and really like the stainless measuring spoon, the stainless canning funnel, and the stainless compost bucket.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lee Valley microplane

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

OK - I did it - we are supposed to be on a spending moratorium but can probably sweep under the radar since I pay the Visa bill....
    Microplane with storage
    bacon rack
    Little folding towel hooks

Me Bad?

• williamsem
    11 years ago

I must not buy more kitchen gadgets before the remodel.

But I can get on the email list and set up a wish list :-)
    Maybe next time they have an offer I can have some fun.
    Good ideas, keep posting!

I must not buy more kitchen gadgets before the remodel.
    Omg this is hard!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Williamsen - LOL - Great mantra
    I must not buy anything more for our new kitchen, I must not...
    Have fun looking!

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Poor Williamsen. Being good is a drudge. Come on. Sin a little. (I feel like that snake in the Kipling kid movie!)
    I just got my order from Lee Valley. One new thing I didn't recommend since I had not seen it is a goodie.
    The surgical brushes are cheap and I am pretty sure I will like them better than anything else I have for scrubbing dishes and veggies. Do take a look at them! (Notice the LV guarantee on them--they will refund an extra $2.50 if you do not like the brushes.)
    I ordered a dozen and, shipping being what it is, wish I had ordered two dozen. They will make fun little gifts. If it isn't too late, at least order a couple.
    SSSSSandra

Here is a link that might be useful: Surgical brushes.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Sandra--how are those cooling/bacon cooking racks? It was you that ordered them, right? I need to place my order!

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Breezy
    The nesting bacon racka are backordered! So I can't share.

I do like the expandable rack which I also ordered. It doesn't pull out as smoothly as a drawer opens, but very convenient to have 1, 2, or 3 open. I cooled scones on it today. Only 8 scones, so no expansion.

Both racks have a half-inch grid instead of only one way as did my old cheapies, which are now consigned to the shed on their way to the GW.

• User
    11 years ago

I started ordering from Lee Valley when I did my kitchen over 6 yrs ago. I have the pull out beside my refrigerator, I also have the stainless measuring cups and spoons. I have the expandable drawer dividers, also the wall thing for hanging my pots and utensils behind my cook top. I have the danish dough whisk and the maslin pan ( mine has the lid..they no longer have the lid..it is the BEST pan you will ever ever cook in ) and the pie weights. I also have that microplane.

The only things I got from them that were awful and a waste of money were the pink stretchy things to hold chickens to truss them..they break right away and also don't stay tight and a set of scissors that I got that were the Chinese supposed to be super sharp..ha..they went in the trash. Otherwise everything has been perfect. I may have to put together another order !!

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

OOHH, don't we love toys?
    I hope I never grow too old to play--and to love new playthings!

• Cloud Swift
    11 years ago

The best kitchen thing I've gotten from Lee Valley is a Maslin pan. They seem to be the only one selling this in the US. It is great for making jams and preserves. It provides plenty of surface area when making a large batch but works well for smaller batches too.

We also use it for soup or chili if our other large pots are unavailable.

Here is a link that might be useful: Maslin pan

• williamsem
    11 years ago

I like the look of their pull out pantry. Anyone have a sense of the quality vs other companies? Is it very sturdy? Probably the largest shelves for my 12 inch frameless cab, so looks promising. Would 6 shelves be sufficient?

• User
    11 years ago

I have loaded mine up and been pulling on it for over 6 yrs. It is perfect still. I don't know how to compare it to other brands as I have never had another one. I do know that this one works great and holds a ton of stuff. There are 2 of us and I only have an old fashioned metal pantry cupboard for the rest of my pantry items...between the two it is more than enough space for us. c

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

Williamsen
    The pull out pantry looks wonderful.
    It did occur to me to ask you--is your 12'' pantry 12'' interior measure or exterior measure? In other words, is the opening 12'' wide?

And, seriously, you are going to have so much FUN fitting out your kitchen when it is finally done. I, too, bought nothing for mine until it was finished. The final furnishing and refining has been a blast. None of the frustration of designing and construction.

And this Lee Valley stuff looks really promising.

Sandra

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Thanks, trailrunner, good to know! I think it is the RAS ones that I've seen people here not like as much. I want to have an option ready when I order Thursday, not sure if I'm stuck with what Bellmont uses or if I can change.

Bellsmom, it's a 12 inch cabinet, so 10.5 inch interior. I believe they had 10 inch shelves as an option, can't imagine finding anything that fits better! I just don't want to end up with 8 inch shelves if I can get bigger ones.

• topof_theworld
    6 years ago

I started to order an apple slicer/corer and got to the part of getting it shipped and then cancelled and I want to know for sure that you cancelledl this order. I received an email from houzz today asking me to confirm my email address which I do not want to do. Please reply to me and confirm that my order has NOT been processed as I now have one of these apple corer's in my possession. DO NOT PROCESS MY ORDER AND DO NOT KEEP A RECORD OF MY EMAIL.