Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carsonheim_gw

Undercabinet LED tape light recommendations.

carsonheim
9 years ago

Hi folks!

We are nearing the end of a custom new home build, and I wanted to get some help regarding undercabinet lighting.

My electrician has wired for hard-wired UCL, however, as an owner/builder I need to purchase and supply him with what is needed to do the installation. For some reason, I cannot seem to comprehend what is needed for UCLs. I know there are drivers, and extensions and all manner of different thingamabobs needed, and I don't know what I'm supposed to get -- and it probably also depends on the brand of lighting I get as well....

Here are two images of my kitchen/butler's pantry lighting plan. What I'm hoping for help with is what exactly I need to purchase to make these UCLs work, and recommendations on products others have used and really like.

Dimmable would be preferable, although not entirely necessary.

Also, I have a few other areas in the house where we'd like to add similar lighting (a bar and a kitchenette in bonus room).

I understand that the tape light can be cut at the length you need it, but how does it "loop" over across the aisle of the kitchen, and also across the range hood?

I'm so lost! Any input would be appreciated beyond words!!!!

{{gwi:2138278}}

{{gwi:2138280}}

Comments (5)