Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skeylargo_gw

Kitchen layout, especially fridge

skeylargo
11 years ago

We are finally ready to re-do our 30+ year kitchen and want to change layout in the process. The biggest dilemma we have is with the wall that the refrigerator goes on. We can't decide on
1.which end of the cabinet run it should go on
2. should we make it counter depth or regular depth.
The spot fridge is at in the plan is by the doorway that goes into LR/DR. The doorway on the left is to the hallway, that's where we come in all the time. If we put counter depth fridge I guess it could go on either side but regular depth seems to block in the kitchen and would give less room for table and chairs. Our current fridge is 33" wide and is plenty big for us. If we went with 36" counter depth it would give us the same cubic feet space. If I put the fridge in the location on the plan than I have to move the doorway 3" (already moved in the plan) which means that I would have to either repaint (faux finished and stenciled) LR walls or put decorative moldings to cover the change.
I really want to get moving on the kitchen but the fridge really has me stumped. Also worried if there would be enough room in the current plan location to open the fridge and freezer doors, move out the fridge for repairs or exchange etc.
If you see any other problems that I did not tink of please let me know as well..

Thank you

Comments (5)