Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kuppersbusch Combi vs Miele Speed Oven

Posted by Eister (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 8, 13 at 19:41

Looking to replace a 24" wall mounted microwave with a new combi Speed Oven and think I have it down to two German brands, but wondering if the Miele is worth twice the cost of the Kuppersbusch? I know Miele is well regarded, but would really appreciate it if anyone could offer feedback on the Kuppersbusch EMWK1050.1E.
Many thanks!
Forgot to mention I am in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. There is just one dealer here that I know of and he says he distributes/ships Kuppersbusch within Canada and to U.S....sure don't need headaches getting parts though!

This post was edited by Eister on Tue, Jan 8, 13 at 22:40

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kuppersbusch Combi vs Miele Speed Oven

Kuppersbusch withdrew from US market in 2010 I think. Anything you find now will be leftover inventory and there is risk of no support or service.

o

Ditto

Kuppersbusch was not famous for customer support when they were in the US.

If you need a proprietary part you will in all likelihood need someone who speaks German to call German HQ.

Trying to contact a British retailer or British HQ and asking them to ship parts to US may be just as big a headache even without the language barrier. Or smaller barrier ;)

KP tech is first rate but fit & finsih is not.

I would look at Miele or Gaggenau.

You can usually find deals on Gagg if you are willing to take the aluminum instead of SS finish.

I would only look at KP if you are an appliance repairman or have similar skills.

o

We have the Miele Speed oven - my DW LOVES it! I know she would fight with her life anyone or anything who tried to take it from her! Seriously, she uses it every day - she hardly uses the regular oven.

I also understand that ELectrolux makes a great speed oven for around $2,000. Also, SMEG makes one for about $1,650 at AJ Madison - I have no idea if SMEG is any good. The GE Advantium is another idea, but I have heard you need to get the 220 volt version.

best of luck!

o

Thanks to all...really appreciate you taking time to share!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here