Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20094769

Kuppersbusch Combi vs Miele Speed Oven

User
11 years ago

Looking to replace a 24" wall mounted microwave with a new combi Speed Oven and think I have it down to two German brands, but wondering if the Miele is worth twice the cost of the Kuppersbusch? I know Miele is well regarded, but would really appreciate it if anyone could offer feedback on the Kuppersbusch EMWK1050.1E.
Many thanks!
Forgot to mention I am in Vancouver, B.C. Canada. There is just one dealer here that I know of and he says he distributes/ships Kuppersbusch within Canada and to U.S....sure don't need headaches getting parts though!

This post was edited by Eister on Tue, Jan 8, 13 at 22:40

Comments (4)

• lalithar
    11 years ago

Kuppersbusch withdrew from US market in 2010 I think. Anything you find now will be leftover inventory and there is risk of no support or service.

• deeageaux
    11 years ago

Ditto

Kuppersbusch was not famous for customer support when they were in the US.

If you need a proprietary part you will in all likelihood need someone who speaks German to call German HQ.

Trying to contact a British retailer or British HQ and asking them to ship parts to US may be just as big a headache even without the language barrier. Or smaller barrier ;)

KP tech is first rate but fit & finsih is not.

I would look at Miele or Gaggenau.

You can usually find deals on Gagg if you are willing to take the aluminum instead of SS finish.

I would only look at KP if you are an appliance repairman or have similar skills.

• sarends
    11 years ago

We have the Miele Speed oven - my DW LOVES it! I know she would fight with her life anyone or anything who tried to take it from her! Seriously, she uses it every day - she hardly uses the regular oven.

I also understand that ELectrolux makes a great speed oven for around $2,000. Also, SMEG makes one for about $1,650 at AJ Madison - I have no idea if SMEG is any good. The GE Advantium is another idea, but I have heard you need to get the 220 volt version.

best of luck!

• User
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to all...really appreciate you taking time to share!