Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
heffer569

Fabricator in metro detroit

heffer569
9 years ago

Hi I'm new to these forums. I have been trying to find a granite fabricator in the. Metro detroit area that is at least somewhat reasonable. I had sent my layout to flinstone but the prices they quoted me for quartzite and mid level granite where between 150-200 dollars a sq foot I think that's insane and want to shop around. Can anyone help me
Thanks Riki

Comments (21)

• antmaril
    9 years ago

I used Tile and Stone Works for my Black Pearl granite countertops. They have two locations - one on 19 Mile Road in Sterling Heights and the other on 23 Mile Road in Shelby Township. I only needed 35 square feet for my small condo kitchen and it was about $1330 installed. I think they did a nice job. I have no complaints. They were prompt and efficient.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

I used to work for Solid Surfaces Unlimited in Sterling Heights, MI. They are a great bunch.

• heffer569
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the replies I'll def call these people in the morning

• kevdp4
    9 years ago

Solid Surfaces Unlimited
    or
    Dimanti Stone Works
    Windsor, Ontario Canada

• jgentry
    9 years ago

Hello! This is my first GW post, I've been a lurker quite a while.
    I'm following this post, as I will be looking for countertops soon (probably Quartz). We got a quote from Surface Encounters, on 23 Mile Rd in Macomb. Their facility seemed impressive, they use CNC and tout "custom vein and pattern matching". But their quote was out of our budget, and honestly gave me a small case of sticker shock. We have not yet checked out anything Lowes or HD has to offer. There is also Great Lakes Granite & Marble and a small local place called Granite Home Design to check out.
    Most of our kitchen remodel is DIY, with rta cabinets from Barker, and refinishing existing hardwood floors. So the countertops will be the only non DIY part of the project.
    Really appreciate any tips, and advise you can give. Thank you!

• jgentry
    9 years ago

Also, checked out the website of Solid Surfaces Unlimited as recommended by Trebuchet in the prior post. They state they are "Wholesale to the trade only". So I guess that would leave me out, and anyone else not using a kitchen center or a GC.

• Debbi Branka
    9 years ago

Our blue pearl granite perimeter was done by European cabinets in Macomb County. They did a great job, but I think they were overpriced. They were nice and let me look thought the whole place, including seeing how they fabricate. Later our island marble was done by Pascucci Marble and granite in wixom. They were amazing and I think fairer in their price. We called Pascucci recently for a small bathroom project. Their price was competitive but higher than I was willing to go so we went with plan b (a smal place in Taylor/Romulus that was way cheaper and did a decent job, but it was only a 37" vanity top and we provided the measurements and sink, and then picked it up).

• heffer569
    Original Author
    9 years ago

So far I have called flinstone granite city and tile and stone works
    Granite city and tile n stone works were pretty much competitive within about 300 dollars of each other when the counters are costing over 5k that isn't bad
    Flinstone on the other hand was more then double the other two. I found the stone I want at universal granite in Madison heights but they are all tagged and I can't find it anywhere else it's called new super white its more glittery and more white then regular super white. They said they are getting in a new shipment end of month I hope they are right

• heidihausfrau
    9 years ago

We used Blasius. They were excellent! Our seams are almost invisible and the counters fit perfectly. Our neighbors used someone cheaper and I was appalled at the caulk width they had along the wall ( wavy and uneven) and their seams. I never would have accepted that!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

Blasius has been around forever for a reason.

• jimandanne_mi
    9 years ago

We also used Pascucci in Wixom several years ago. They had wonderful choices, and their fit, polish, and seams were outstanding.

Anne

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

We also used Blasius and Tre gave them his seal of approval on our countertop picture.

• heffer569
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I think in the end we are going to go with granite city. My friend who is a decorator has used them for a few clients and has been really happy. Now I found a quartzite called new superwhite the only place that seems to have it that I have looked is ugm in Madison heights but all their slabs are gone. They have a new shipment coming in and we are third on list. Has anyone has any experience with slab yards saying something is coming in. Does it actually come in when they say it will.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

"Does it actually come in when they say it will."

Probably, but keep it in context. It's large and heavy and getting shipped half way around the world. Plenty of things can go wrong over which your seller has no control.

• heffer569
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Livewireoak it isn't that the place we are using is cheap just that flinstone was crazy expensive. We called 6 different fabricators 5 where within a few hundred of each other flinstone was like 3-4k more that's crazy.

• marblehead5253
    8 years ago

Hello heffer569, I'm sure my post is way too late for your counters, but just in case someone else is looking for white quartzite in the Detroit Metro area, I have used Flinstone Marble and Granite in Southfield, MI and they have access to the most beautiful slabs of White Quartzite, including Polar White and Rhino White, with gorgeous veining, looking like marble at a very reasonable price. They are priced C or D level, which is equal to granite in many cases. I have dealt with Flinstone for over 5 years for several remodel projects and they have always given me the most competitive pricing of any place I've contacted. Ask for Melanie when you call.

• heffer569
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Marblehead5253 I contacted flinstone first before others and they where double to triple the price of every other fabricator I called for the same exact slab.

• marblehead5253
    8 years ago

Congratulations, you must be a much better shopper than me! I just had a kitchen done in a Grace C White Granite and the installed price from Flinstone was $51.00 per square foot. Compared to the other quotes I got, I thought I had done well. Maybe not......

• heffer569
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I wasn't looking for granites more quartzite and marble some Quartz also to give u an example I found a slab at ugm for Calcutta quartzite flinstone price wax 10,250.00 for 75sq feet

Granite city was 7625.00 for same exact slab and tile and stone works was 7649.00 so that's almosy 3k more for exact same slab and included same cutouts and everything.

• marblehead5253
    8 years ago

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in the future!