Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dntutley_gw

Finally picked out countertops!

dntutley
11 years ago

After about 3 months of looking at cabinets and cabinet tops and a lot of help from all the GW posters, my wife and I ordered our cabinets, countertops and appliances today. I will post pictures when everything is done. Let me know your thoughts on the Cabinets (KM Solid Cherry Cabernet w/ Onyx Glaze) and countertops (Cambria New Quay).

The photo is our cabinet setting on the countertop we picked!

Comments (21)

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

Love it! We're getting maple cabinets stained in a medium cherry, and that color countertop would go great, expecially with light gray walls. Thanks!

• ogrose_tx
    11 years ago

What color is your backsplash?

• dntutley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We have not finalized the backsplash yet. We are leaning towards Bliss CABERNET GLASS STONE LINEAR BLEND MOSAICS. Attached is an image.

Ordered SS Appliances along with the Sharp MW drawer. Gutting kitchen and half bath. Keeping the basic footprint with minor changes w/ fridge location. Expanding the area by 27 inches by removing wet bar in family room and shifting bathroom back. The wet bar is a waste of space IMO. We are still contemplating moving 1/2 bath to another spot and have an entire open space. We have about 6 weeks to decide, that's when construction starts.

• tmy_jax
    11 years ago

Wow! It's gonna look sharp!

Congrats & Good luck!

• dntutley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, we're pretty excited.

• halfwaythere
    11 years ago

beautiful combination!

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Beautiful! It looks so nice together!

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

Nice! Like the counter color.

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

OOOOHHHHHH.... really like the softness yet depth of your counter choice!

• dntutley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We originally were going to go with Silestone Sienna Ridge but thought the colors matched and wanted to go lighter and more dimensional. Flooring is Pergo, Emerson Maple.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• Gracie
    11 years ago

I think you've done well with the cabinets and quartz. It's a gray green, right? I've seen Darlington installed in a kitchen and I think that's the same color family. It definitely read gray green. How does the brown and gold glass tile play into that?

Will you wait until your cabs and counters are in before deciding on the backsplash? When you get to that point, post your kitchen. You'll probably hear that the backsplash is too busy for the counter. I would also be careful about going that contemporary with your traditional cabinets.

• dntutley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, we have not decided on backsplash yet. The picture doesn't do that backsplash enough justice. Also, we are planning on doing the backsplash vertically, not horizontal. May do a single color stone style backsplash. That is the one thing that's not settled yet. As for the cabinets traditional style, I just couldn't jump on the shaker bandwagon. I'll post plenty of before and after.

The countertop is in the same family as darlington however there are no green tones.

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

Lovely! I bet you are getting excited - it is hard to tell on the BS - but post more pictures with the BS and the cabs/counter

• dntutley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here are a few of the possibilities for backsplash. Thoughts? Be honest!

• dntutley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Another

• dntutley
    Original Author
    11 years ago

.... and another

• jennifer11203
    10 years ago

love the first and second ones. what did you end up deciding on.. do you have any pictures. I want something similar to this.

• dntutley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jennifer11203, please see the attached link for more photos.
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0323360326236.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Remodel

• jennifer11203
    10 years ago

Looks amazing.. Love your backsplash choice works well with the counter top.

• dntutley
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. We are finally done and I will be posting before/after pics in a bit.

• lee676
    10 years ago

beautiful! very elegant