Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm embarrassed to brag, but my Modern Aire is wonderful

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 19:14

As I sit here watching as the smoke in my kitchen swirls toward the vent hood and is sucked up by it, I am so happy I listened to the advice on this forum and bought the 600 cfm Modern Aire.

I was only going to step outside for a minute and I set the burner on low, but then I dallied, and when I came in and saw all the smoke, I was frantic. I had turned the burner on high, not low, and I hadn't turned the vent hood on either. I was just going to warm something, or so I thought.

But in the time it has taken me to type this, the smoke has cleared, or nearly all of it. I can see across the room now. But I'll leave the vent on for awhile, because I can still smell smoke.

So. Don't do what I did, but do buy a decent vent hood. You never know when you might need it, and we use this one a lot more than we ever thought we would. Dh thought it was a frivolous purchase, but he changed his mind after the first week it was in.

This post was edited by marti8a on Tue, Jan 14, 14 at 19:47

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm embarrassed to brag, but my Modern Aire is wonderful

You are shameless!! ;)

So happy that you are enjoying your hood, and you can say to DH, "I told you so."

o

Brag away!! I love updates.

I'm worried I didn't go big enough but when I switched to induction, I decided I could save on the vent hood. Fingers crossed my smoke swirls towards the vent, too! :D

o

Glad you're ok!

My DH was really indifferent toward most of the kitchen stuff, but I decided on a 640 CFM Kobe that's really quiet. The first night he used our cast iron grill pan to sear steaks he decided the hood was a good choice and couldn't shut up about it! We previously had smoke all through the first floor, but I could barely tell he was searing. We also use the hood more now, sinc it actually works.

Definitely good advice! Get a decent hood!

o

*taking notes*

Good to know!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here