Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amberley_gw

Alright, who has their own kitchen blog that they want to share?

amberley
14 years ago

Many of us have enjoyed seeing fellow GWers blogs with TKO content. I know I have gotten a lot of eye candy from Willow Decor! So who has a blog about their own kitchen/kitchen design in general/good posts (with good pics ;)) about kitchen design? Let's have those links!

Comments (36)

• piaa
    14 years ago

We do (don't know how good it is though :) ) so here you go - all about remodeling our kitchen/home on the caribbean island of St John in the US Virgin Islands

Piaa

Here is a link that might be useful: our blog

• andyman
    14 years ago

I was TKO and spent a good portion of my life lurking here a few years back (with a smattering of posts). You guys really helped me build a good kitchen, and while I still haven't finished , I have a blog where you can see me cooking in the kitchen. (I can't decide what mosaic to put in that pesky backsplash behind the stove)

Its a bit tongue in cheek, with a little cussing -- but its all in good fun. It probably doesn't cover enough of the kitchen, but I'd be willing to expand the video to cover more of my new 'studio'.

Hope you enjoy it..

-- Andy

Here is a link that might be useful: That Jew Can Cook (my blog)

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Oh Piaa, I knew I shouldn't click on your blog! I have serious St. John envy!!! And you're kitchen's not bad either! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Kat :)

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Hi Amberly -

Great post (and thks Kat for getting the ball rolling!) I have wondered about this also. Our kitchen reno slideshow and some very early posts on the kitchen (post-reno) are in my blog, which is not about kitchen design per se, but more about cooking and food and eating and ...well, you get the idea. I tend to post individual photos in reponse to posts where I think I can contribute an idea.

I fully intended to start the darn thing while we were in progress but it was just too stressful, so I admire those who can live through the chaos and write about it at the same time - a release valve, maybe??

I wish GW had a place for members to post their blogs. Just one more thing - along with missing posts :-( - that we could use around here.

Here's my foodie blog.

Piaa...I too have weather envy!

Eliz

Here is a link that might be useful: Roast Duck and Big Gooey Cake

• allison0704
    14 years ago

Another GW member started Kitchens We Love and has rolled it into an online magazine. It's a great source of inspiration. There is also a farmhouse sink section showing various kinds of installations.

Several GW member's kitchens are featured on AM. Mine is one of them - French Gray Island Kitchen. I took new pictures this week, so check out the updates if you are interested:

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchens We Love

• nhbaskets
    14 years ago

I started a blog when we began our remodel last year. I was pretty faithful in posting updates through the process. Our KD even was referring potential clients to it. During the process my DH had medical issues (now that was stressful...and continues to be), so I haven't posted in a long time. I have made a commitment to post finished pictures and details sometime soon, however, along with finally submitting to the FKB. Guess that's my New Year's resolution. So I have until 12/31/10 to do so, right?

Here is a link that might be useful: Berry's Kitchen Remodel Blog

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So, now I am going to have even more blogs to read every day! This is great!

Alright lesmis, I am now convinced that we are all connected somehow in this great internet universe. So I was bouncing back and forth from GW to a bunch of blogs that I follow, and I found YOUR blog, quite by accident! I just started following Pigtown Design a few weeks ago, and I saw your recent post signed Kat, followed the link, and low and behold, I see that Waterstone faucet in the background!

This is cracking me up! And that post was about Baltimore being Smalltimore...

Allison- I had no idea that you were the Allison that Shops on Attic Mag! This is so fun!

• allison0704
    14 years ago

OMG Andy! Bless your heart! I just watched Episode 1. Had to show DH. I gasped each time!

• allison0704
    14 years ago

Didn't mean to ignore you, Amberley, I was watching Andy. Thanks! It has been fun to do and great to work with the two Jane's.

How can I find Lesmis' blog, if I haven't already?! (Cue It's A Small World music....)

• lisa_a
    14 years ago

I just checked "My Page" for myself. If you go into the edit mode, there is an option to add your personal website. I added mine to see if it showed. It did. People do need to click on a member's "My Page" to find the link his or her personal website but that's one way to show your blog without being pushy about it.

btw, if anyone goes to look, I removed my webpage. It's for my freelance business, nothing to do with kitchens.

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just watched Andy! OMG!! I made butternut squash soup for Hannukah dinner this year (in my current very sad kitchen)- I will forever think of you Andy every time I make it! I will have to show your video to DH and my in-laws (both of whom are huge foodies)! DH is Jewish, and I am not, and we do both holidays- he will love your comments in the beginning about spaghetti and meatballs! He feels the same about bacon- on our first Christmas as a couple, my mom felt bad because she offered him a dish with bacon- his response- "I love swine!"

Oh, and I can commiserate- my first Hannukah dinner in my house, my MIL did something very similar with the brisket, and then ruined one of my All-clad (non-stick) pans with latkes...

Allison, here is lesmis's blog (hope that is okay lesmis! I really enjoyed it so far!)

Here is a link that might be useful: lesmis's blog

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Kat, FAB blog!! Just sorry it wasn't posted earlier - I won't have time to read it all before bed... :-)

Eliz

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Oh my...hope we don't all get banned...I need my daily kitchen fix! I'm enjoying seeing all these blogs though, so it might just be worth it! Amberley, that's too funny about finding me through Pigtown Design, I've been following her for a very long time and love her stuff! Are you in MD too?!

Thanks Elizpiz, I wasn't going to post my blog because it's not "strictly" about kitchens. Thanks for posting it Ameberley, that was very sweet of you!

• dcwesley
    14 years ago

I have posted "on and off" about my kitchen remdodel for the past two years. It has primarily been a way of organizing my research and ideas - a lo=t of which came from here of course. My blog has other topics as well, especially Family History.

Here is a link that might be useful: HoosierRoots

• Gena Hooper
    14 years ago

Mine isn't a kitchen-only blog. It's about our kitchen and baths (master and basement baths) renovations, food, adapting to New England life, and random thoughts, photos, etc. My blog's not monetized. I just enjoy having an outlet for sharing design/food/other thoughts. You can also find my blog on boston.com's list of community blogs. I can't wait to read everyone's blogs!

Here is a link that might be useful: A Bluebonnet in Beantown

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have been so inspired by you guys! I have been thinking about starting one for a couple of months, and have been stuck on a name, but I finally came up with one! It is "under construction", but I hope I can do my first post later this week, at which time I should have my kitchen reno permits in hand and a firm demolition date! Quite obviuosly, I will be posting alot about kitchens, since it has been on my brain for YEARS now.

Once it is up and running, you can find it at www.littleredrowhouse.com

lesmis- yes I am in MD, in Baltimore.

• Gena Hooper
    14 years ago

Amberley, Great blog name! You should let us all know when it goes live.

• allison0704
    14 years ago

I looked for this awhile ago and couldn't find. Thought it had been deleted. Not yet......

I was spending too much time on blogs every day, now I have more. lol

• pinch_me
    14 years ago

allison0704, on Kitchens We Love I can't find the farmhouse sink section showing various kinds of installations.

• lesmis
    14 years ago

Amberley, I'm about 2 hours south of you! Love the name and like pickle said, let us know when you're up and running!

Allison0704, turn about is fair play! I've spent WAY too much time over on your site! ;-)

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It is funny how I came up with the name-it dawned on me when I thought, where do you live- in a little red rowhouse of course! I am not in the city, but in the county (by about .3 miles) in a newly made National Historic District (we have over 1700 rowhouses in our neighborhood!). I am really getting excited about it now-and I can't wait to start posting demolition pictures!

I will of course be finishing up my before pictures this week. But I have to move all of the stacks of Rubbermaid totes out of the way before I take some of the pics. I swear stuff multiplies when you take it off the shelf and go to out it away! I think I have filled at least 20 of those things by now.

I really should be packing right now but I am too busy reading everyone's blogs! ;)

• allison0704
    14 years ago

Pinch me, on the left column look under Kitchens > Kitchen Sinks. The link below will take you to page 3. There are more on page 4. Page 5 has a few too.

You can also type "farm house sink" in the search (upper right).

;D Kat.

Amberly, I like the name too! Will bookmark.

Here is a link that might be useful: Farm house sinks

• bostonpam
    14 years ago

I was inspired from someone else here in kitchens to start my own blog. We have a major home renovation (turning our 1825 2 family house back into a single family home). Friends keep asking for pics so this was easier than constant emails. My favorite part is the kitchen but I have 5 baths, stairs, mudroom, trim, doorways, 30+ lights, tile, hardwoods, patio, pool, closets, fireplaces, strip wookwork, etc to work on. The contractors removed our stairs today and much of the plastering is done. Tiling is later this week and I think my cabinets will be installed in a week or 2. I'm updating the blog later tonight with the latest pictures (all our furniture under plastic!) My project overview is 10/29

Here is a link that might be useful: Pam and John's renovation blog

• andyman
    14 years ago

Amberly and Allison,
    Thanks for the encouraging words -- I am glad you liked it. I received a funny comment about using Italian cheese, a wooden spoon and having an espresso maker on my counter means I must be lying about my heritage :)

Its a fine line between encouraging people to enjoy your material and spamming the world, but if I get a laugh or two its worth the sneers :)

Hope to see you back,
    --Andy

Here is a link that might be useful: That Jew Can Cook (my blog and totally unrelated to this post)

• thingsthatinspire
    14 years ago

I have a design and architecture blog that I have been writing for years, and since I am now building a house I am writing my fair share of kitchen posts! I wrote one today on kitchen sinks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen sink post

• bmorepanic
    14 years ago

I am really enjoying all of these - except the ones with recipes. After the first couple, I gained 5 virtual pounds.

• lesmis
    14 years ago

I've been reading "Things That Inspire" for a very long time, how funny that I never knew you were a fellow GW'er! I love your blog!

• andyman
    14 years ago

Bmorepanic, you may have to hit the virtual gym! :)

• willowdecor
    14 years ago

Amberley - Thanks for the sweet comments! Here is a direct link to a series of posts I did on getting Christopher Peacock kitchen look. Hope they are helpful! This is a fabulous forum and my kitchen renovation turned out so much better due to the advice from so many of you GW-ers!

Here is a link that might be useful: Willow Decor Reviews Christopher Peacock

• amberley
    Original Author
    14 years ago

willow- I think I had seen several of these posts, but I must have missed the one with the icebox hardware. That is GREAT looking stuff, especially if you are looking for industrial hardware. Now to figure out where I can use that in my remodel that I call English/Southern/farmhouse/scullery/industrial....

I hope to have The Little Red Rowhouse up and running next week. We have had a rough week here- had to visit another Lyme doc in another state, and I haven't been on the computer as much this week. I am also trying to finish up all my before pics!

• beejay27
    14 years ago

I'm inspired by all of this talk about blogging. I'd been trying to get started on keeping track of the process. So I set up a blog to document our contemporary-ish kitchen renovation--demo starts on Monday. I welcome any comments or suggestions!

Here is a link that might be useful: Anatomy of a Kitchen Renovation

• festusbodine
    14 years ago

Our blog covers our kitchen design, and total home remodel of our 1930 bungalow. Welcome and feel free to comment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bye Bye Tiny Sad Kitchen -- our blog

• islandgal
    14 years ago

I am in the middle of renos and am stuck at the moment trying to decide on whether to have my cabinets built in very limited wood choices or buy them online and have them shipped. I have even sent out a kitchen SOS.

http://benthamshouse.blogspot.com/2009/11/kitchen-renovations.html

Here is a link that might be useful: my rustic bajan garden

• elizpiz
    14 years ago

Andy, finally had a chance to read your blog - and promptly forwarded it along to a few friends who I know will enjoy it as much as I did! Butternut squash soup will never be the same... :-)

Eliz

• andyman
    14 years ago

Thanks Elizpiz! Glad you enjoyed it, working on a new episode today -- hopefully have it up soon!

I haven't made the butternut squash soup since...

Here is a link that might be useful: That Jew Can Cook (my blog)

• honeychurch
    13 years ago

Resurrecting this to add my own---just started. It will cover my kitchen remodel plus life in a small town and an old house! Please feel free to read and comment.

Here is a link that might be useful: Havoc among the flowers (my blog)