Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
halfwaythere

Gold Macauba quartzite installed!

halfwaythere
11 years ago

Kitche is still under reno. Please excuse the mess. I just love it!

Comments (39)

• halfwaythere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

island, LR view

• halfwaythere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

next to sink

• halfwaythere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

island

• halfwaythere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

next to range

• kitchen_maman
    11 years ago

Wow that is really beautiful!

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Really beautiful, no wonder you're so thrilled. Quartzite is really a show-stopper.

• Ann Scheley
    11 years ago

ooooooh, ahhhhhhh, so so pretty

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Hellooo Gorgeous!!

• gsciencechick
    11 years ago

Each area is gorgeous! Love the colors and pattern.

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Love it! Those fissure lines are fantastic!

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!!

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

How do you say - Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing

• ratrem
    11 years ago

So pretty!

• finestra
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! So stunning.

• ck_squared
    11 years ago

Oh wow! That is really pretty! I might have to put that on my short list. Can't wait to see the final reveal.

• senator13
    11 years ago

Wow. Just wow!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Add mine to the oohs and aahhs!

• sanjuangirl
    11 years ago

LOVE the warmth of the Gold in this. I wanted Macabus but it was too cold with the white and gray. This is awesome! Congratulations and ahhhhhh,,,,oooooh!!

• AnnaA
    11 years ago

And a happy new year to you - beautiful!

• karin_mt
    11 years ago

That is so cool. The piece next to the range is my favorite, with the pattern that looks like a meandering river and the faulted areas. It reminds me of a scale model of a landscape. That, plus it is simply beautiful! Enjoy!

• halfwaythere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much everyone! To those who were looking for warmer toned quartzite there is a photostream from a yard in the tri-state area with some gorgeous slabs. The Hermes is to die for. I'm in Miami and I didn't see anything like it here. I think quartzite is becoming very popular. Here is the link... http://www.flickr.com/photos/28206825@N06/with/8271613438/#photo_8271613438 In Miami, Keys Granite has tons of goergeous quartzite slabs. http://www.keysgranite.com/product.cfm?s=3

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Congratulations!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

wow!! it is too beautiful! i love how the streaks are diagonal next to the range.

• spagano
    11 years ago

Oh, that is beautiful! Clipping :)

• xmkx
    11 years ago

Gorgeous. Wish I lived in S.FL so I could use your guy!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Love love love it!

• localeater
    11 years ago

Wow, that is really gorgeous. You must be so thrilled with it. Love the warm gold tones. I think the range section is my favorite.

• tamarahl
    11 years ago

Halfwaythere, you are going to have a stunning kitchen! I cannot wait to see it when it's all finished. I appreciate your posting so many pictures of your work in progress.

Afew questions: Did you have trouble doing an L shaped counter with your quartzite, and lining up the lines of the Macaubas? I am thinking of doing quartz on my L and the White Macaubas on the islands. What will be your backsplash?

And, just to complicate my decision, I found a new WM slab today that I think may be a great choice:

It will hopefully be as pretty in person as this official photo on the stone yard's website. I plan to go look at it this week.

• firstmmo
    11 years ago

Halfway: More pics!!! Show us the progress on the beautiful kitchen :)

• halfwaythere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

tl1969, because the patterns in my slabs were so varied the L section could have been a hot mess had I left it up to the fabricator. I have found in my whole reno, if you do not explicitly express something to your contractor, electrician, cabinet guy etc, they use their discretion when a situation arises, instead of asking your preference. I could go on about these type of incidences/absurd decisions. So I made sure to tell the fabricator that I will be stopping by the shop to make the selections of where the cuts will be made. How to handle the corner L was a concern since the pattern went from squiggly lines to marble like flow. Anyhow, from the two slabs left for the perimeter, I chose a section with the least amount of movement for the corner seam. We then used the rest for the other 2 perimeter pieces as they are independent of the other counters. It worked out, thankfully. BTW, advise your guy that he will blow through many blades on the quartzite. It's very hard. He should have extras on hand. My guy went through 4 diamond blades. At about $200 a piece he wasn't happy. BTW that WM is drop dead gorg! I think I like it better than the other one.
    Firsthouse, we have made progress since these pics, but not near ready to move in. I'll take new pics Tues and will post.

• tamarahl
    11 years ago

Looks like you won't be accurately named soon, or does halfway there refer to another part of your life? ;-)

Thanks for the tips. I already know too much to be dangerous as far as my KD is concerned. Cannot wait to have discussions with everyone else involved in my remodel (sarcastic tone).

Any clue about backsplash?

• anjn
    10 years ago

halfwaythere: it's beautiful! Congratulations!

I'm installing something similar in my kitchen. Have you used your kitchen yet? If so, any issues with etching at all?

• OOTM_Mom
    10 years ago

Beautiful!!

• illinigirl
    10 years ago

Stunning! I love it!

• bookworm4321
    10 years ago

How stunning! Perfect choice with the maple cabinets!!! (Can you sense my envy?)

I only saw one yellow Macaubus, and it was 80% yellow/gold. Your slab has perfect coloring.

• Mags438
    10 years ago

Wow, really gorgeous!

• Kimberly Barnett
    9 years ago

Backsplash?

• fldirt
    9 years ago

That's gorgeous! Well done…more pictures…..please!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH