Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flatcoat2004

Good sources for RevAShelf stuff ?

flatcoat2004
16 years ago

While my cabinets are being made, I need to order a few RevAShelf items (trash pullout, filler pullouts etc). Any recommendations for good online sources ? OvisOnline seems to be the best option that I can find, but the shipping is steep to CA.

Any advice appreciated !

Comments (6)

• divamum
    16 years ago

ebay! I scored a half-moon blind corner unit for $25+shipping (which was about $25 for priority mail) from an "odds and ends" seller (a really good one, even though his inventory was ecclectic) and for kitchen hardware in particular, ebay id check out hardwareusa - they were GREAT. Fantastic communication, fast and very pleasant to deal with And although they don't list shipping on the site, it was VERY reasonable - I ordered a 9" base pullout unit from them and shipping was only about $17 to me 3 states away (it's a big and heavy item, so that was impressive). They don't accept paypal which is usually a "no" for me, but their system works just fine (they send you a warehouse number which you call and then pay over the phone with CC). The shipping was super fast too - got here in 2 days.

As with all ebay purchases, check feedback. The ONLY time I have ever been burned on ebay was with the faucet I bid for and won... and never received. However, even that had a happy ending as 1. I prefer the faucet I wound up with in the end and 2. Paypal found in my favour and I got a full refund for the non-received item.

Good luck!

• alku05
    16 years ago

I'm in CA too, and found that is was cheaper to order from shelvesthatslide.com rather than Ovis b/c they're located in Arizona (cheaper shipping!). I purchased my filler pullouts and trash pullouts from them, and was quite happy with the transaction. Also, due to my request, they promptly added the door mount kit for the trash pullouts to their website when I called and needed them.

They also have reasonable return policies unlike most sites that sell this stuff.

• sail_away
    16 years ago

I've been looking at the pullout shelves from RevAShelf lately and wanted to ask someone who has them how sturdy they are and whether they will hold a lot of weight. My kitchen is equipped with a number of very solid, full extension pullout shelves that are very good quality. However, if I were to try to buy more through the cabinetmaker, I'm sure they would be very expensive. I'm looking at the RevAShelf as a good alternative, but I'd appreciate some input on the quality of the shelves and the hardware. Thanks.

• divamum
    16 years ago

the quality is fabulous. Sturdy wood, solid metal fittings, smooth bearings on the pullouts - I absolutely love mine.

Btw, are you sure the cabinet maker didn't USE revashelf? It's entirely possible... I know there are a couple of other mfrs out there, but I have to wonder - when I looked at "cabinet brand" pullouts and so on, the stuff looked identical to RAS aftermarket products in both style and consctrution.

• snookums
    16 years ago

Lowe's now carries a huge line of Rev-a-Shelf stuff in their storage stuff aisle.

I bought some things at some various manufacturers online - I remember I went to the Rev-a-Shelf site and decided what I wanted first, then looked for the best price online via a google search.

• flatcoat2004
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone. I talked both with the ebay vendor and ShelvesThatSlide, and each of them gave me quotes with good prices and reasonable shipping costs. I'm going to go with STS since they are closer to me, but would be comfortable ordering from either.

And I learned a good lesson ... if a vendor doesnt have a specific item listed, just ask ! Neither of these websites listed the filler pullout that I wanted, but both can supply it.