Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tamihs13

White, Black and Zebra, hopefully third time is a charm

tamihs13
12 years ago

Sorry for the technical problems. I think it should work this time.

Cabinetry Custom BM White Dove

Perimeter countertops Silver Waves granite eased edge

Island zebrawood, Brooks custom countertops color golden #3

Faucet Grohe Polished Chrome LADYLUX3

Island pendants Restoration Hardware

Dining area fixture horchow catalog Fascination chandelier

Hood range craft custom

Sink Elkay EGUH2816R

Wall paint Hopsack by Ralph Lauren

Hardware TopKnobs charlotte pull 4"polished nickel ( restoration hardware has them for 3 x�s the price)

Refrigerator Subzero

Rangetop 36"Capital culinarian rangetop

Wolf double ovens

Old microwave

Backsplash artistic tile 1 x 4 brick mosaic ice cream crackle w/ taupe veins

Floor quarter sawn white oak flooring

I cannot adequately convey my gratitude to all who contribute to this site. My kitchen would be quite different and not nearly as well thought out if it were not for all of you. So a very big, heartfelt thank you.

http://s1152.photobucket.com/albums/p484/outpulp/?albumview=slideshow

Comments (21)

• flyfly
    12 years ago

Very, very nice! Love you range hood, granite and chandelier.

• shelayne
    12 years ago

Beautiful!

Your granite is spectacular! Love your zebra, your floors, hood, and lighting as well! Great transformation--I would never guess this was the same space!

Big congrats!

• sixtyohno
    12 years ago

The kitchen is lovely. I have not seen Silver Waves before and it's so beautiful. I love the island counter too. Congratulation and enjoy.
    Laura

• remodelfla
    12 years ago

really very beautiful and I especially LOVE your scrumptious wood island counter. Congrats and enjoy!

• formerlyflorantha
    12 years ago

If you need one more color, remember there's always pink! :-)

Here's the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: ths13 black white zebra kitchen

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Really beautiful. Congratulations on a job well done. Enjoy!

Love that hopsack paint color.

Can you tell me how tall your ceiling is in the kitchen?

• flwrs_n_co
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I've never seen that granite before--it's stunning! And your beautiful zebra makes the perfect island topper. I have to go back and study your pics some more--so many great details!

Enjoy!

• Ann Scheley
    12 years ago

Looks great!! What are your island dimensions?

• mmhmmgood
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Love the zebra and the granite. Well done, enjoy!

• breezygirl
    12 years ago

What a great combo of materials. I have an RC hood and CC rangetop also, so maybe I'm biased. ;) The wall color is very pretty, and that granite is stunning! Thanks for sharing your beautiful new space.

• mpagmom (SW Ohio)
    12 years ago

You did a fantastic job and everything looks perfect! It's hard to believe it's the same space. I especially love that granite. Thank you so much for sharing!

• dianalo
    12 years ago

It came out quite elegant and warm. Bravo!

• kellienoelle
    12 years ago

Aw shucks, I expecting to see a kitchen all decked out in zebra print curtains, rugs, and seat cushions. Or maybe some hand painted zebra stripes on formica.

Kidding, it looks lovely. That granite is fantastic! And I love the wood top on the island, provides a nice contrast.

• tamihs13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for your comments.
    Kellienoelle
    so sorry to disappoint!! How about zebra painted stools? actually not a bad idea.
    bee the cathedral ceiling height is 11'4". the rest of the kitchen is standard 8 feet.
    annsch the island is 48" x 86". There is a 12" overhang.There is plenty of leg room. I was initially going to do 15" or 18, but i tried some of my friends' islands and found 12" was comfortable.
    Florantha, I love pink! I was actually thinking of purple accents.
    Question to all, do you think i could swing painting what is hopsack a charcoal gray or an off black? Although i like the hopsack color, I would like a little drama and i thought black would do the trick. there really isn't that much wall. Also, what to do for over the kitchen sink window?

• clooney161
    12 years ago

Beautiful job, I would never have guessed it was the same space...what a transformation! As someone else who also opened up walls for better flow I can appreciate how great that must feel and function! And then to have a lovely kitchen to boot! Congrats!

• kfhl
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the granite - I don't think that I have ever seen it before. Great details all around.

• Bunny
    12 years ago

That granite is spectacular! Seriously. And the zebra wood is so rich and gorgeous. I love how your kitchen turned out. White Dove (or is it Dove White) looks really good, creamy but neutral. Not too gray or yellow.

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Yes, you can paint it a darker charcoal color. Check out my favorite paint strip, it's the BM one with Baltic Gray on it. There is Willow Creek, and some others. Gray with stainless is kind of tricky because you don't want the paint and the metal blend together. There doesn't seem to be too much wall space in the kitchen except over the window. You really can go crazy there and do a dark color. But, then go up the strip by 2 colors for the eating area.

Thanks for the info on the ceiling height, very helpful!

• tamihs13
    Original Author
    12 years ago

i actually was thinking more black than charcoal gray- like blackjack 2133-20 or black horizon 2132-30. thoughts?
    you make a good point about the stainless and gray. does anyone have any pictures with white kitchens with black walls.

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

Yes, here is one. This one is high gloss black. Gutsy. But truly a statement.

• kellienoelle
    12 years ago

"How about zebra painted stools? actually not a bad idea."

I saw this while looking through graniteguru's website. I think you could pull it off in your kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: