Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lin2055

Grohe kitchen faucets

Lin2055
13 years ago

I am going to be building a house and would like to put Grohe faucets in the kitchen. Does anyone have any experience with the K4, or the Ladylux3 (32.298 or 32.226)? I currently have the Ladylux Pro 32.245. I'm basically happy with it but would like something different. Thanks.

Comments (6)

• rjr220
    13 years ago

I have the K4 in my kitchen. I put it in my Kohler Stages 45 sink. I chose it because it is one of the shorter pull-downs, yet extends pretty far into the sink -- in fact, the stream goes directly into the drain. I like the look of it. My only pet peeve is that when you shut it off, you drip water on the counter. However, others have the same complaint about other faucets.

The pull-out hose is long enough to reach all corners of the sink, and it will click and stay on spray without keeping your finger on it.

Overall, I've been pleased with it. I also like the way it looks like it could be in a space ship ; )

• mtnfever (9b AZ/HZ 11)
    13 years ago

I had the K4 in my previous kitchen and put the handle forward instead of to the side. If it were on the side, I was worried the handle would hit the backsplash. A bonus of having the handle forward is that it drips into the sink.

A dark pic but the only one I have (sans backsplash)

• adel97
    13 years ago

I just bought the new model ladylux3 32.226, which I was able to test in a working display in a showroom. (It's not installed in my kitchen yet). A couple of things I really liked about it: it has a forward rotation lever that does not go back as far as the old model, so it is less likely to hit the backsplash if you have one (the subject of my earlier post), and it has a VERY quiet flow, which is also less splashy than the 298.

• thynes1501
    13 years ago

We installed the 32226 in our main sink along with matching 32283 for the coffee/beverage station. Beautiful faucets, though we found the stream to be a bit powerful and resulted in quite a bit of splashing when rinsing utensils, cutlery, dishware, etc. We had Grohe send us an aerator for each faucet and that has brought the splashing under control.

As sharonite mentioned, the lever doesn't go back far at all so it should clear the backsplash without any trouble.

• sammiecanada
    13 years ago

We have the 32298...I find it does splash so I just have to be aware of it and be careful. I do wish it had the stay on sprayer but it wasn't a deal breaker for me because I just loved the look and feel of it. The pull out hose reaches to both corners of my sinks with no problem either.

• fatwok
    11 years ago

Hi thynes, I have the same faucet. How did you get Grohe to send you the aerator? I just called Grohe and the person who answered the phone told me there is no such thing. He was extremely rude.