Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lazy_gardens

Full counter-depth sinks? Brands?

lazy_gardens
10 years ago

We're still (obsessively) planning the dream build, and would like to have a sink that runs all the way to the wall. It would simplify many things,including countertops.

Anything besides IKEA's Domsjo?

Comments (16)

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Where will your faucet go?

lazy_gardens thanked sjhockeyfan325
  • scrappy25
    10 years ago

Google "worktop sink". Kohler Taskcenter is one that comes to mind. Some older porcelain drainboard sinks as well.

lazy_gardens thanked scrappy25
  • robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

I have a kindred worktop sink (full counter depth) it seems they now call them appliance sinks. I haven't installed it yet but am looking forward to it -- it has been a learning curve however for anyone else we talk to. I loved getting my super-cheap quartz offcut without sink cutout though!

It doesn't have a farm sink apron but does have a 1 5/8" 'counter' front.

I have linked one below. I think mine is discontinued. Marine edge

Here is a link that might be useful: Appliance sink

This post was edited by robotropolis on Sun, Jan 19, 14 at 22:23

• robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

another thread I found helpful and a sink from that thread

Flat front stainless farm apron sink

Here is a link that might be useful: sinks for wooden countertops thread

• scrappy25
    10 years ago

robotropolis, love that 36 " flat front stainless farm apron sink and only $699 but wish it was available in single bowl! Has anyone seen one in single bowl of this type, reasonably priced?

• remodelfla
    10 years ago

We have a curved single bowl 36" sink from Lavello. It's a work house and we love it. They do make a flat front one too I believe.

• robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

American standard prevoir is an 'appliance' sink but I believe is now discontinued...

Amazon link for Prevoir - $1K

PS I feel you! I was looking for this kind of sink for ages and just happened to stumble upon mine on clearout on craigslist. It has caused a few problems and solved a few others. It was kind of discontinued and although kindred still makes the same bottom of sink grid I can't find it anywhere right now so I may be reduced to grid shopping with a tape measure!

This post was edited by robotropolis on Mon, Jan 20, 14 at 10:24

• lazy_gardens
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Knowing what they are called is a huge help. Thanks.

We may have a wall-mount faucet, or sink-mount. Depends on the sink.

• robo (z6a)
    10 years ago

Well, there doesn't seem to be one term. Unfortunately. Appliance and counter depth and flush farmhouse are the search terms I tried.

lazy_gardens thanked robo (z6a)
  • Megan Lopez
    9 years ago

Robotropolis--I am curious, how are you liking this type of sink now that it is installed? I have been searching high and low for what this type of sink is called since no salesman seems to know what I'm talking about, so this thread has been super helpful!

What are the problems you say it created/solved? Do your clothes get wet when washing? ;) would you recommend this style?

(I hope you get this! :)...)

Lazygardens--did you end up getting this style sink? What is your impression?

Thanks!

lazy_gardens thanked Megan Lopez
  • lazy_gardens
    Original Author
    8 years ago

We haven't proceeded beyond planning and drooling yet.

HOWEVER ... the SO pointed out that a full-depth, appliance or whatever you want to call it saves countertop material and fabrication costs because there is no hole cutout of $$$ material just to hold the sink. You have to consider that as part of the price of any sink ... the wasted countertop material

• sheloveslayouts
    8 years ago

Thanks for the update. Is there a particular sink you have your eye on? I haven't spent much time looking yet, but my google searches have come up empty.

• weaver2
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

LazyGardens, I, too, would love to know which one(s) you are looking at, if you are willing to share the info. I have only seen the IKEA you mentioned in your original post, but really liked the looks of it.

• practigal
    8 years ago

If you are willing to accept a drainboard (which I like) consider Elkay lustertone.

• weaver2
    8 years ago

That Elkay is a cool sink.