Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quick question on ceiling paint

Posted by Angie_DIY (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 19, 12 at 18:33

Hi,

My question is (eventually) about ceiling paint.

Just picking the final paint now. We selected a certain "card" from Sherwin Williams, then I bought samples of every other one. To approximate the in-betweens, I blended half and half. Here is the result. The "pure colors" are on top, the blends below. (L to R, SW 6673 Banana Cream, SW 6675 Afternoon, SW 6677 Goldenrod.)

Photobucket

I am going with the one on the lower right, which I hope is the same as SW 6676 Butterfield.

My question is for the ceiling. Should I get the lightest hue from this same card for the ceiling? It is one notch lighter than the one on the top left.

Another option is to get a light tone that will match the backsplash. I chose another SW card (in a sagey olive/green/gray) that goes with the yellow, and am matching the tile to that card. Should I consider the lightest tone on that card (SW 6182 Ethereal White)?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quick question on ceiling paint

When I selected my ceiling color, which is a white, I made sure the colorants where the same as my wall color.

o
RE: quick question on ceiling paint

Thanks, enduring.

If anyone else reads this, you can go ahead and let the thread drop to oblivion. I just got back from the neighborhood paint store. I made a snap decision to follow enduring's advice (I think!) and go with the SW Morning Sun (light, light yellow).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here