Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
runnergirl79_gw

Kitchen Reveal - White Cabinets/Soapstone

runnergirl79
9 years ago

Hi all,

I wanted to post the before/after pics of our kitchen renovation. I am so thankful for all the valuable feedback received on this forum.

Cabinets - Midcontinent
Counters - Soapstone (Saratoga Mineral Black)
Lighting fixtures - Pottery Barn
Fridge - Counterdepth Frigidaire
Stove/Microwave/Dishwasher - Whirlpool
Floors - red oak refinished with pure rubio monocoat
Paint - SW Knitting Needles

{{gwi:2137947}}

{{gwi:2137948}}

{{gwi:2137949}}

{{gwi:2137950}}

{{gwi:2137951}}

{{gwi:2137952}}

{{gwi:2137953}}

Comments (25)

• runnergirl79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And one more pic...kitchen and breakfast room.

• Shayerah
    9 years ago

Wow!! That is beautiful!! Congratulations!

• Carrie B
    9 years ago

Lovely, runnergirl! My new KD just today suggested I consider soapstone. Yours is certainly inspirational.

• Kiwigem
    9 years ago

We are considering mineral black, too. Yours looks great! Congrats!

• ardcp
    9 years ago

great job! it looks fantastic and must function so much better:)

• amck2
    9 years ago

Lovely transformation..looks like a new home! You must love it. Congratulations!

• runnergirl79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for the sweet comments! We've loved the soapstone and are accepting the small scratches we've added through daily use as part of its character. Our slab has some big veins throughout, so that helps hide some of this "character". :)

• Huntingflower
    9 years ago

beautiful!! I adore your soapstone!

• mgmum
    9 years ago

It looks great!

• romy718
    9 years ago

Love the view of the kitchen & breakfast room, just lovely. Beautiful soapstone. Removing the soffits really opened up your kitchen.
    Beautiful soapstone. Congrats & enjoy!

• amykath
    9 years ago

What a change! Your kitchen is beautiful and flows so well with the gorgeous adjoining spaces. Great job!!

• Hydragea
    9 years ago

Nicely done!
    The triangular island looks like it fits in nicely into the space.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

I love the diagonal cut of your island! And of course, my dream soapstone is gorgeous. I like the SW paint color, too! Very serene.

You've done a beautiful job!

• runnergirl79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks! My husband came up with the diagonal island design. The house had a rectangular island before, but the walkway was too tight because of the powder room wall (see second pic from top). We didn't want to move the powder room, so the diagonal island was the solution.

• aliceinjersey
    9 years ago

Lovely!

• LE
    9 years ago

Very nice! And thanks for the beautiful job of taking and posting Before and Afters from the same location and angle so that comparisons are easy to make. It really helps show off what you've done!

• itsthedetails
    9 years ago

I also love your soapstone, have you oiled or waxed it yet? I have soapstone and ended up waxing it and haven't had any issues yet. Lovely kitchen!

• raenjapan
    9 years ago

I love it. Great lighting above the dining table, too. Looks like a much improved layout.

• runnergirl79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

We've been experimenting with the soapstone as far as finish. We oiled it once and waxed it once. We will probably rewax again soon because we really like the look it gives. We used Beekeeper's Gold from Williams Sonoma.

• mimivac
    9 years ago

It's wonderful! Do you (or anyone else who has white cabinets and island) have trouble keeping it looking clean? My boyfriend is thinking of a very similar kitchen, but says that the white breakfast bar will quickly become very dirty from shoe scuff marks and similar. Any solutions to this?

• Mags438
    9 years ago

Lovely transformation. Soapstone is my fav, and yours nailed it! I love the cut of the island.

• tinker1121
    9 years ago

Very nice!!! Love you counters and the Pottery Barn lighting fixtures. Great job.

• Sedonia Sipes
    9 years ago

Love it!

Mimivac, don't be afraid of white. It doesn't get any dirtier than anything else. I would rather see the dirt, and know when it needs to be wiped down.

• Tracy Richards
    9 years ago

Love your new kitchen! And those countertops are gorgeous :)