Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Granite help please

Posted by MrsBrad (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 1, 12 at 18:12

We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen and need to make a final choice on granite. The perimeter cabinets are going to be white and the island is stained a dark chocolate, almost black. I definitely want granite and am leaning toward spring white. The other I am looking at is called torroncino white. I don't want anything too creamy or brown. I would like more gray and white with maybe some black. Does anyone have suggestions or pics for what may look good? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Granite help please

Hi Mrs Brad! We have a similar set up in our kitchen--white perimeter cabs & dark island. I worried about the white on white, so we went with San Gabriel Black on our perimeter & River Valley (a white granite)on our island. Don't know what level those granites are that you mentioned (both are beautiful, by the way). Have you looked at Kashmir White or it's cousin River Valley? KW is a level 1 & RV is a level 2-3 depending on the yard/fabricator. Both are predominantly white with grey & black veining and garnet colored flecks here & there. Here's a couple shots for you. Happy granite hunting & don't forget to post before & after pics later!!

Kashmir White
Photobucket

River Valley
Photobucket

o

Spring White:

Torroncino White:

I'm thinking the Torroncino White may be awfully dark on the island. The lighter of the two samples of Spring White might be a good choice for you.

This is Kashmir White which you may like

Have you definitely ruled out quartz? Here are some which might meet your requirements:

Silestone White Platinum

Cambria Braemar

Cambria Praa Sands

o

What about Alaska White or Super WHite (a quartzite) which is beyond beautiful

o

We have Alaska White granite with white cabinets. I think it would look great with a dark island as well. It has more white, taupe, black and some gray-blue, rather than creamy or brown tones.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Hi Mrs.Brad,

".....perimeter cabinets are going to be white and the
island is stained a dark chocolate, almost black...."

There are some fantastic suggestions above, I will instead
post the visual of a dark island and lighter perimeter
cabs with granites that are gray and white (non brown or tan)

Hope these help you visualize your space.
~boxerpups

pendant

black

Sienna Cream
sienna cream

Sienna Cream
gray

White Persia
Photobucket

Delicatus
Photobucket

Bianco (this looks like white river to me but the the
images from google said Bianco)
Photobucket

White Spring

Photobucket

Alaska White
alaska white

Sienna Cream
sienna

Marble
light

Marble. I know, I know you don't want marble but wow
is it pretty.
marble

o

Boxerpups: You are right, marble is pretty. It does have the gray and white I so desire.

Maybe I should put a dark granite on the perimeter and marble on the island. Hmmm... Has anyone else done this in their kitchen?

o

Yes, indeed. Here are a few with dark granite on perimeter
and a dark cabinet island with light marble top.

ceiling

not marble but a lighter granite
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

wow!!! these pix really helped me too!!!

o

I wanted to thank each of you for your help. Your pics were very helpful with visualizing everything. I actually decided on a granite not discussed above. I fell in love with White Eyes when I went back and looked at the slabs. I haven't seen any other posts with this particular granite. Does anyone have this color? I will post pics once it is installed.

o

I chose Kashmere White, also. LOVE IT! Predominantly white with lots of gray movement and cranberry flecks here and there. A very soft look, yet very sophisticated.

o

Mydreamhome- That River Valley granite is beautiful! :)

o
Granite care

Does the River Valley granite always have so much sparkle? It looks like water running across...it's so pretty! Do you have to seal it?

o

Thanks Boxerpups that first picture of the second set you posted is exactly what I am hoping my island will look like of course much smaller but the granite that is coming on Wednesday looks a lot like that one from a distance anyway. It's called Ivory Silk. Hope it looks as nice as that picture with the new finish planned for our island! Thanks again!

o

I have not seen White Eyes anywhere,and Google Images keeps bringing up Blue Eyes, which I have seen and is lovely. Can you post a photo of one of your potential slabs?

I especially loved the first kitchen's counters, which were in your color palette, and the second link is several similar granites (some are repeats to above).

Slush's Moon Night

Here is a link that might be useful: SuperWhite and other Granites thread

o

I don't mean to hijack, MrsBrad, but Boxer, my darling, could you pretty, pretty please tell me what you can about the tile in the first photo you posted? LOVE IT! As always, you are amazing with your pics!

MrsBrad--I, too, would love to see White Eyes. I've never heard of it either. You've got another major decision behind you!

o

I saw a granite called Vintage at MSI Stone http://msistone.com/locations.aspx

I to have been looking at Torroncino and White springs but just LOVE Vintage. The one they have in CA was stunning!! This photo does not do justice.

Here is a link that might be useful: MSI Stone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here