Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladypie_gw

Typhoon Bordeaux Granite (aka Key West Fantasy)

ladypie
14 years ago

Awhile back, someone posted pictures of their kitchen with Typhoon Bordeaux granite. Does anyone have that link or have other pictures of their finished kitchens using this granite. So pretty - but would love to see a finished version before picking it for sure.

Comments (18)

• gillylily
    14 years ago

I don't have pictures of my typhoon bordeaux island up close, but going to my new house tomorrow so will take up close pics and post for you.. There are a ton of people with it on here! IT is beautiful- I wish i could have done my entire kitchen in it!

• annie.zz
    14 years ago

It is really pretty. If I could have found a slab that worked for me, I would have used it.

Bunnicula has it in her kitchen.

Here is a link that might be useful: TB kitchen

• ladypie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much for posting those pics. And can't wait to see the others coming tomorrow too ! I am feeling better now. The granite is gorgeous and now I can see what it will look like with wood cabinets. I was thinking of going slightly lighter in color but will have to re-think that after seeing those great pics !!! Thanks again !

• gillylily
    14 years ago

Here are the pictures I promised.. I only have typhoon bordeaux on my island- black stained island, but my perimeter cabs are a cinnamon stained alder. Not sure if that helps or not... The pictures are not great b/c my girls were trying to get my attention so I did the best I could-- we will be moving in on Wed. so once in if you want more pics. i can try to take better pics.

Sorry if the pics are really big. .my computer is acting up today and taking forever to upload so I couldn't bear to painfully sit through re-sizing...

HTH!

• spin_mom
    14 years ago

That is one gorgeous island gillylilly!

• gillylily
    14 years ago

Thanks spin mom.. I really LOVE it.. When we stopped by the house today I just kept staring at it wishing my entire kitchen had it.. but i do love it!!!

• dkitchenreno
    14 years ago

Here are some pics of our Typhoon Bordeaux counters. Hope these help.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• needsometips08
    14 years ago

Wow, Typhoon Bordeaux is really pretty.

DKkitchenreno, may I ask what your backsplash is?

• nancyjn
    14 years ago

I have Sienna Bordeaux, which is really similar. I love it and never tire of looking at it.

• threebees
    14 years ago

Mine is not done yet but this will give you another look at Typhoon Bordeaux. It is amazing to my how the same granite can look so different. Mine does not have a lot of the red in it, just a few spots here and there.

[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t91/bgroe/002.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t91/bgroe/005.jpg[/IMG]

Just ignore the dust!

• threebees
    14 years ago

Let me try that again!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

• gillylily
    14 years ago

Nancyjn- what is your perimeter stone? It is amazing how much your sienna looks like the typhoon. When I was searching I originally wanted sienna, but all the slabs were really yellow/orange..

I agree threebees about the difference in the same stone.. Love them all!

• dkitchenreno
    14 years ago

needsometips08 -- Our backsplash is Tilevera 2x8 Honed Marble Tile in Canvas

• needsometips08
    14 years ago

thanks!

• nancyjn
    14 years ago

gillylilly,
    My perimeter granite is black labrador. I like it, it has lots of sparkle to it.
    Here's a photo:

• ladypie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for your ideas and pics. Still need to select the final cabinet color and backsplash. I was thinking of a honey wood tone but not sure of the backsplash. Any more pictures of the typhoon bordeaux granite with various backsplashes ???? Thanks again !

• ladypie
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for those backsplash pictures. Need to go look this weekend. Was thinking of more color in the backsplash but looks like most went with solid colors....Do you think it would be too busy with a multi-colored stone look backsplash ?