Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bostonpam_gw

question on cabinet delivery

bostonpam
14 years ago

My cabinet KD called at 5:05 PM today to tell me my Cabico cabinets will be delivered tomorrow at 2:45 and I need a check for the balance. If I don't take delivery the cabinets go back to Canada and will cost another $1000 for shipping. Two weeks ago I asked for a status and he said "Your cabinets are coming the week of Jan 25." He didn't say they were being delivered to our house. They are being shipped from Canada. When we talked to other KDs they said they would store our cabinets for up to 2 months until we were ready. I was always under that impression here too. I just wanted a status so the cabinets wouldn't be holding up our contractor. Our KD has said he ".. can manage the confirmation from this end."

I went ballistic. We're in a total house renovation - presently one set of stairs was ripped out yesterday, more drywall today, lots of trim work, etc. Multiple saws are going inside the house. Dust is everywhere. The plasterers are coming back again later this week. Every room is a disaster. The kitchen floor will not start until next week Tues. Our garage is stuffed with 2 claw foot bathtubs, 2 refrigerators, dishwasher, stove, upright freezer plus the normal 6+ bikes, camping chairs, kids toys, outdoor decorations, patio furniture... If I knew the cabinets were being delivered to our home on a certain date I would have tried to get rid of most of the stuff in the garage. (Most will go on Craig's list but my plate has been so full lately and I'm behind) Am I being unreasonable? The KD finally agreed to store the cabinets in his heated garage. He's coming here tonight to get a check for the balance since the truck driver will not drop off the cabinets without seeing the check. I don't want to pay for shipping from his house to ours - I think he should do it. My DH is livid too. He had separate conversations and got the impression that the KD would store the cabinets until we're ready. What do you think?

Comments (5)