Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenhp_gw

circuspeanut, what is your BS tile?

jenhp
12 years ago

I saw a picture you posted on another thread of your microwave area. I really like your yellow tile. Can you give me the details? Also, do you have a finished kitchen thread? I searched, but couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• Circus Peanut
    12 years ago

hi there,
    Alas, no finished kitchen thread, although it's technically finished now that I've finally restored the wooden windows. Some day when I'm feeling particularly photogenic ..

The tile I used was from New England Art Tile. They are, alas, no longer marketing tile, but a very close, if indeed not exact match is the Solistone Mission Ceramic Tile series. The color I used was called Harvest; Solistone calls it Amarillo. Hope that helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: random online link to Solistone Mission Series Tile

• jenhp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That figures that they aren't selling it anymore! Thanks for the other option!

• Circus Peanut
    12 years ago

I think you're still in luck, because I ordered some of the Solistone to finish up my range hood and there is absolutely no difference between them, except that they're stamped with different names on the back. They're identical in color, glaze, etc. I suspect there must be a larger tile producer somewhere from whom they both sourced them?

• jenhp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Cool! Nice picture! Thanks for posting it!

• babs711
    12 years ago

Solistone is certainly getting some nice press here on GW! I learned about them from another GWer who used their Mardi Gras tile as their backsplash. I have it saved to consider for our kitchen. I'm excited to see it in person! Your kitchen looks really great cp!

• momo7
    12 years ago

Circuspeanut,

As a secret admirer of your kitchen, I hope you're feeling photogenic soon.

Per the tile - does it have the variation of colour like yours does, I really love that. You tiled your hood! I never realized that from the other glimpses I've had of your kitchen. Brilliant!

• Circus Peanut
    12 years ago

Thanks momo! Soon, soon. puff pant. we're currently making exterior storm windows and are under the gun with our sudden drop in temperature, but when that project calms down I'll take some shots of kitchen stuff.

Yes, the Solistone has the same handpainted color variation as the NEAT. Honestly, it even comes in the same styrofoam boxes, it is the identical twin. The only thing that differs is their deco tile offerings.
    The glaze variation on the field tiles is easier to see in the darker colors -- here's a shot of the Solistone Mission series chart:

• momo7
    12 years ago

You're making storm windows?! Wow. Well, that definitely takes priority over pretty kitchen photos, as I sit here practically on top of my space heater with two cats snuggled up to me and a dog at my feet.

I'll have to look for a Canadian supplier for those tiles or maybe an American one that ships to Canada. Thanks for the info, to use a GW expression, they make my heart sing.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

I would definitely be interested in your window restoration job!

• rnest44
    12 years ago

Circuspeanut, as another not so secret admirer of your kitchen I would love to see a final reveal. I so appreciated the time you took to answer my question several weeks ago.