Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amykath

I think my post was deleted!

amykath
9 years ago

I was sharing info on a fabulous deal I received today on an Capital Culinarean Range and it disappeared. As you can see, and probably recognize my name, I've been on this forum longer than most.

That really upsets me.

Comments (16)

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

Seriously? Why would that be deleted? :(

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Not sure what is going on. A couple of weeks ago, I received a stern rebuke from a mod. When I inquired as to which of my posts was objectionable, I received the response that the message was sent to me in error. Sans apology. Do we have new mods since the Houzz takeover? People who don't "recognize" us?

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I don't know. Maybe it was my fault somehow.

If I'm allowed. I'd love to share!!!

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchen, that's exactly what I thought.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Anyone looking for a fab deal on a capital culinarian let me know.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

One of mine was bumped over to conversations but didn't see yours over there. Maybe being monitored more closely with the Houzz connection

• Gracie
    9 years ago

Is it the grill or griddle thread? It's still here.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It is not. I did post that and after I posted about my great deal. I am so happy regarding the griddle responses!

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

What size CC?

• Bunny
    9 years ago

I "know" all you guys. You're standup GWers in my book. :)

I have seen contentious threads deleted. I have had a post of mine deleted, not because I was obnoxious (I don't think) but because I responded to or supported someone who had been offended. A whole section of the thread was excised.

Discussing a good deal on an appliance seems like such a good and noble posting. If indeed you committed some foul, it would be helpful to know why.

And KD, a stern rebuke based on mistaken identity merits an apology.

• amykath
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kitchen, 48"

• joyce_6333
    9 years ago

I've been on this forum since 2001, re-registered once. I've also had postings disappear, and had some moved due to being the wrong topic. I suspect it depends who is the forum police on that day.

• CEFreeman
    9 years ago

I think Joyce is correct. I've been around since 2004, myself, and seen a lot come and go. I actually was a mod for Women.com, which morphed into iVillage (hate 'em) and gave it up to just be "normal."

There is a lot of subjective screening that goes on, but on this board things are usually so innocuous...

I posted something recently I wanted to reference and Could. Not. Find. It. for the life of me. No searches, no reading back 6 pages, no Conversations, nothing.

The nice thing is that if you mention you're looking for yourself something, usually someone is able to post a link for you. For example, May_flowers, where....?

iVillage drew the line at deleting posts endorsing non-advertisers, but we'll see about Houzz. Their user base is so huge, I can't see them having the manpower or idiocy to restrict opinion.

• kitchendetective
    9 years ago

Too big. Think I want enamel. But thank you.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

CE, I didn't post a link because I figured aktillery would see her grill and griddle thread on the first page.

I think someone may have reported your thread as spam, aktillery. I don't think the mods go looking for spam because of the size of the forum. I am not sure if Tamara is the only mod but I've never seen anyone else, so I've always gotten the feeling the forum is policed mainly by reporting.

• GreenDesigns
    9 years ago

I think several things were accidentally removed. I hope it was accidental anyway.