Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goostergw

NKBA 2015 Award Winners

Gooster
9 years ago

The KBIS/NKBA was this week as you can see from all the new product intros -- here's the award winners for the NKBA Design Contest

Here's the full pin board:
Pin Board of Winners

Below is the winner in the "Large Kitchen" category. Click above to see more (includes the winning baths).

{{gwi:2137639}}

Comments (13)

• Gooster
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Linked below is HGTV's gallery of pics -- may be easier to view than Pinterest.

Here is a link that might be useful: HGTV gallery

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

Is there a non-Pinterest link to see the winners? I'm not a member and I couldn't get the site to stop graying out asking me to log in or join. And I don't want to join. Houzz is enough of an addiction, lol.

Thanks, gooster!

• lisa_a
    9 years ago

Oops, we were cross-posting so I missed your next post. Thank you!!

• raenjapan
    9 years ago

Hmm. Most of these don't do much for me. This one, though, makes me want to hide:

{{gwi:2137645}}
    {{gwi:2137646}}

I like this one, although calling it a medium sized kitchen seems like a stretch:
    {{gwi:2137647}}

• funkycamper
    9 years ago

I want to hide from that one, too! I like the other one you've pictured and the modern one with lots of windows and skylights, and agree that their definition of medium and mine are totally different. I don't think I've ever been in a house with a kitchen that big. Oh, I bet The White House does but our tour didn't include the kitchen. :)

I think GW has spoiled me from just looking. I kept thinking Ice-Water-Stone-Fire and scrutinizing for good aisle clearances, placement of DW for intrusion into prime prepping and cooking areas, if there was close-by storage for dishes/glasses/cutlery, and if it would intrude into any main traffic corridors when open. I can no longer just be a lookie-loo.

• Gooster
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow, I didn't realize until you posted the one project that there is mirror on the ceiling. Just oh my.

I find many things to like and admire, and probably some things that aren't for me.

• christina222_gw
    9 years ago

That fancy one scares me! The medium one is nice and I suspect it actually is medium. There is clearly some photographic distortion going on there. It looks to me that a wide angle was used to get the whole thing in the photos and it looks stretched.

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

If the mirrored ceiling kitchen won an award then I have no respect for the NKBA. Bad, dangerous layout. No venting for the cooktop which means everything will drift up to that crazy ceiling.

• HomeChef59
    9 years ago

Wait until that mirrored ceiling gets greasy!

• dcward89
    9 years ago

Pic #5 in the HGTV gallery...could they possibly fit one more thing mounted around that sink...7
    6 holes?? What is all that stuff?

This post was edited by dcward89 on Sat, Jan 24, 15 at 11:47

• funkycamper
    9 years ago

OMG...I didn't even notice the mirror. I was blinded by all the other frou-frou.

• bellsmom
    9 years ago

I like the recessed divided chopping block with scoop hole over the sink in photo 27.

I think I may make one like that for my prep sink. I have an old chopping block I don't use. I can cut it to fit, slice it in half, hollow out a scoop hole, and attach 3 little flanges on each half to hold it over my not positive reveal sink.

No loss except a little bit of time.

• Gooster
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@Bellsmom -- that cutting board is nice. I also like their corner unit. They have some very nice cabinetry details in that one, though a few choices that I might not have made. There's a lot of mirror in that one as well, behind the arabesque cutout.

@dcward: I spy an air button, a dishwasher vent, three hole bridge faucet, sprayer, soap dispenser and hot water dispenser. I agree it's a lot.

@debrak: I saw the lack of venting, which struck me as odd. It's actually the second cooktop, there's actually a big La Cornue and a very ornate hood right behind it. I'm guessing it's a kosher kitchen?